Information Sharing-BM Help

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/12/13 3:19 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

So, I know that a lot of people have bowel issues after RNY surgery and I was definitely one of them. Worst time of my life!

I would like to share something that seems to be working for me. For the longest time I did not take as much Iron as needed because of the issues that go with that. But, I know someone who is currently going through the Kingston Centre and she was told to take Vitamin C with her Iron as it helps your body to absorb the Iron.

So, I have been slowly increasing my Iron intake to where I take it every night at bedtime now, along with a chewable Vit C tablet. Every day I have a movement now and it is with little or no difficulty.

So, I am not sure if this is common knowledge about taking Vit C with your Iron or not, but, it is working for me and I wanted to share in case it can help someone else out there.

Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Monica M.
on 12/12/13 4:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i'm going to try that. i knew it helped absorb the iron, but i didnt know that it would help move things along...

(and just keep in mind, that what works for one, won't work for everyone)

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/13/13 2:12 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Oh yes, definitely, we are all so different. Just thought I would share in case it can help someone :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Monica M.
on 12/13/13 2:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i'm for sure going to try it. started last night!!! my biggest problem with iron, is not taking with calcium or dairy products... sigh.

Dar_Mab
on 12/12/13 9:31 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I second that notion. I take but c with each of my iron tablets ( I take 2 per day) and have no problems with bowels. 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active