when did u eat flat noodles?

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 5:18 am

???  can you tolerate them?

Nerak
on 12/9/13 6:23 am - Canada

Hey do you mean rice noodles> I can't do pasta and my fav is whole wheat and just can't do it. 

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 6:37 am

i mean pad thai noodles.

Nerak
on 12/9/13 7:40 am - Canada

Ya, pad thai is usually made with rice noodles. Haven't tried it! 

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

pugalootz
on 12/9/13 7:21 am - Canada

I remember noodles.  LOL 

mispysmom
on 12/9/13 8:21 am - elliot lake, Canada
lol my friend just started.opti, i.ran into.her at our christmas.parade, her first question was...when.can i.habe pasta,

Amanda

mispysmom
on 12/9/13 8:22 am - elliot lake, Canada
have lol not.habe :) i was all....kiss it.goodbye for awhile lol

Amanda

kellybelly333
on 12/9/13 11:02 pm - Toronto, Canada

I figured there was no point in trying them during the losing stage. Too many carbs. I rarely have noodles. I can tolerate them, but I don't bother. I wanted to get the weight off by changing everything about how I ate. Protein first, veggies second, and if I can fit it in maybe starchy things like potatoes and noodles. During all stages, this is important, but especially during the honeymoon period (first six months) as protein is so important.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

slrm2m2
on 12/10/13 1:10 am - Canada

Tolerating a food is different for everyone.  I was able to tolerate almost any food by 18 months out, but just because I can tolerate it doesn't mean that I eat it regularly.  I lived on pasta pre-op and I've had it about 5 times since surgery, but I don't enjoy it the same way that I used to.  Even when I crave and eat foods from my pre-op days, I find that I don't love them in the same way as I did previously.  Its very odd how tastes seem to be permanently changed post-op.  

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Mary A.
on 12/10/13 11:23 pm

I am almost 5 years post-op, so I can tolerate almost anything, just not things that stuff up my pouch quickly, buns, bagels, wraps...and noodles...while I lOVE soup and all things Asian/Oriental...I always eat the meat, shrimp, chicken first then have a couple of forkfuls of noodles, but that's about it.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active