Finally Broke a LONG stall

cayleighsmom
on 12/8/13 6:43 pm
RNY on 06/05/12

I am 18 months post op and  I've played around with the same 2 pounds for months now. (like probably 5-6 of them!!) But finally in the last few days the scale has started to move again, and i have lost 4 pounds!!!! It has been a frustrating process, and at times found myself slipping and eating stuff i shouldn't. but last week, i recommitted to myself to get the most out of the process as possible. I want to squeeze every last drop out and take full advantage. the first year was easy, but it has gotten harder, i was to succeed. i want to be a success story, not the statistic of those *****gain all the weight. you know the stories we all hear, "oh, you had that surgery, well you know my neighbors friends son's dog owners walker, he gained it all back, just as big as ever" 

it takes hard work, focus, and a real forever change in our eating habits. My goal is in sight!! so close i can taste it, and being healthy and fitting it to clothes, tastes better than anything else i have ever put in my mouth!!

Sunny123
on 12/8/13 7:06 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good for you and congratulations! These are the testimonies I need to hear now - the ones that say it isn't easy, but if you work at it (and you will have to work at it), it can happen...thanks for sharing!!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 12/8/13 8:26 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats o the loss. You are so right about the work it takes and the commitment

Vi-Vi
on 12/8/13 8:35 pm
VSG on 12/13/12

That's awesome!  Good for you.  I'm really happy to hear that as it's my 1 surgaversary this Friday and it's going so slow.  I still have about 30 lbs to go.... And I also don't want to be one if those stories cause it would be so easy to slip!  We've worked to hard to go back!

Keep up the great work.

Sylvie

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Laurie C.
on 12/8/13 8:54 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi Barbie:

I'm having the same issues.  My scale loves 160 and I want 150, I have been this weight now for months, glad there is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

You have helped my resolve 'cause I've been slipping also.

Thanks

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

denise_norman
on 12/9/13 12:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12

Glad to hear you have broken your stall. I was in one for 10 months and yes i found myself slipping. Especially since i moved across the country this summer and everything has been turned upside down. It can be hard with the way our lifestyles are. But i too want to be a success not a failure and cant wait to get this last 15 pounds off. My 2 year is in February and I am sooo glad that I made this decision for a better lifestyle.

Best of luck with your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

Most Active