So much for being "honest"

Zavz
on 12/9/13 8:45 am - Canada

The same thing happened to me. I was very upset and in the end you just have to tell them what they want to hear  if you want to move on.  I too was to honest because i thought by being honest i would get the help I need.  Very vague instructions that i needed "me" time which made no sense as that is all i have since i am single and live alone.  i waited 11 months to from my referral to orientation so another delay was very upsetting.  

Zizzler
on 12/9/13 8:54 am

I hear what you are saying but think you did the right thing being honest. It sucks that you will have to wait so long - I know the waiting is soooo annoying but try to think of the time as extra prep time so you will be even more prepared when the surgery comes.  And maybe punch a pillow?  It helps me when I am frustrated....

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

slrm2m2
on 12/10/13 1:15 am - Canada

I'm doing all my hard work post-op...lots of cognitive behavioural therapy and going to Overeaters Annonymous.  The surgery won't cure the overeating problems, so don't fight it and just go with whatever suggestions the sw has for you.  You'll still get the surgery, but you will be better prepared for long term success.  I think it is very, very hard for people who have had the surgery and end up with signficant weight regain...heart and soul breaking.  Start the hard work now and you will be a long term weight loss success.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Most Active