going out to eat - petrified

Hennagirliegirl
on 12/5/13 11:56 pm - Canada

How about a quesadilla? I was in Jack Astors the other day, ordered one with guacomole on the side, it had chicken and cheese inside......it came cut into 6 portions, I ate 1 and took the rest home

Good luck

Terri

Test

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 1:01 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I love love love quesadillas. At least I did pre-op. I haven't tried bread yet - do you think the tortilla would sit ok this early out? I guess I could just scrape the chicken and cheese out if I think the tortilla would be too much. I know tortillas are on my list of allowed foods but I wasn't sure about the way they cook/fry? the quesadilla if it would be too greasy. I guess I can order it and see what happens, worst case I just leave the stuff I can't eat. I think it's a better idea than the broccoli soup. 

Thanks Terri!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Monica9811
on 12/6/13 3:06 am - Peterborough, Canada

I take the lid off a quesadilla and usually eat the guts inside!  Sometimes I will have a bit of the tortilla but more often then not just eat the middle with salsa on it!

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 12:59 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I ended up going with the quesadilla and even ate the tortilla no problem! I don't feel good about the carbs/fat, but I'm trying not to be silly over one meal. I'll just get back on my protein/veggie routine tomorrow :) So far no issues feeling sick so I guess it was a success :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Jessica S.
on 12/6/13 1:18 am - Ottawa, Canada

I get the balsamic Chicken with only Brocoli, extra sauce and it has to be very moist for me, way too much for one sitting but amazing and I never have any issues with it.

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 1:01 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I looked at that on the menu but ended up going with the quesadilla. I think next time I'll definitely try the chicken and just go super slow and chew chew chew. The one time I have eaten chicken breast before tonight ended in terrible vomiting (even with tons of sauce!) so I wasn't anxious to repeat that, but the chicken in the quesadilla went down no problem! 

Suzi S.
on 12/6/13 1:33 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 01/14/13

I have to travel for work and have had to eat out many times starting at about a month.  Broiled fish is always a good choice.  For your side, go with a steamed vegetable.  Remember to focus on chewing.  Stay away from anything with bread as that may be hard to digest. 

The hardest temptation I've had with eating out is drinking with my meal. 

RNY:  1/14/2013, HW:  220, SW: 207, CW:  182.8, GW:  125

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 1:02 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks! I've never been a fish fan but I think steamed veggies will always work and any protein I choose will involve tons of chewing ;) I had a water with my meal and did take a few sips, but made sure to keep it under 1/4 of a cup, or what I judged to be 1/4 cup anyway.

Curious.George
on 12/6/13 1:37 am - Canada

When I go to Kelsey's, I order the Greek salad (without the olives) and with a piece of grilled chicken breast on top.  I get the dressing on the side.  It's really good.  They could probably make it with spinach only.  The thing to remember with any of the meats (steak or chicken) is to "chew chew chew"!  Hope this helps!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Katie M.
on 12/6/13 1:04 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try the Greek salad or maybe the balsamic chicken next time I'm there. The chicken in the quesadilla I had went down no problem, but I definitely had to chew chew chew! My friend thought I was having issues with my teeth ;)

Most Active