One last thank you to the Kingston WLS support group, you really have helped change my life

Armyguy1976
on 7/29/13 11:14 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13
Evening all, I.m sitting here surrounded by all my worldly possessions packed neatly into cardboard boxes and on my last full day in Kingston I wanted to thank all eye amazing people I met this past year or so on the second Tuesday of the month.

I still remember my first meeting ,dragging my wife along wondering just what I was committing myself to by pursuing surgery, as someone who never feels comfortable in my own skin in public settings I was amazed how much strength I found that night surrounded by strangers. I carry with me not just 100 plus pounds of excess weight but years of feeling like life was passing me by, that I did,nt measure up to skinnier people and the constant feeling that not only my career was threatened by my obesity but my quality of life as well.

What I found in that support group was understanding, compassion , a wealth of knowledge and most importantly hope. I really do feel like I was blessed to share those few hours a month with you all and will miss it.

So as I make the move to Barrie and more importantly my surgery date Sept 10 I hope you all have continued success and support and will try my best to make a meeting post op if nothing else then to say thank you again face to hopefully skinnier face.

Cheers and many thanks

Keith B

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

gardeninggal
on 7/29/13 3:51 pm, edited 7/29/13 3:51 pm - Midland, Canada

Hello armyguy1976!    Such a heartfelt and sincere thank you to your support group and an insight to your struggle with your weight issues.  You will be in such a different place very soon as you recover and re-claim your body, your life and your strength.  . 

cayleighsmom
on 7/29/13 11:00 pm
RNY on 06/05/12

Keith,

You will be missed!! But you will do great in Barrie.  Wishing you and your family nothing but the best.  Please keep us all posted on how you are doing. only 6 week to go and you will be on hte bench with us.

many blessings,

Barbie

Moselle
on 8/2/13 12:31 am - Athens, Canada

Barbie is right Keith; you will be missed!  I think there is a Barrie group that also meets so you will have to check out that group. Not that they will be nearly as wonderful of the Kingston folks but maybe next best thing! lol

Please keep us posted on your progress. Look forward to hearing all out your successful journey.

Hugs,  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Most Active
Recent Topics