Surgery is a go! Dr Hagens office will have my surgery date later today!

robbiesgramma
on 6/13/13 2:16 am - Canada
RNY on 04/26/13

Congrats on the surgery.  I live in Borden and had my surgery April 26th.  I had 3 weeks of Optifast , they gave me half vanilla and half chocolate.  I loved the vanilla with ice and strawberry banana crystal light.  Tasted like a strawberry milkshake.  I added ice and almond extract to the chocolate.  I found the colder they were the better they tasted. Hoping to meet you once you arrive in the area.

Linda

kristaeb
on 6/13/13 2:23 am

I started my opti this morning. I had choc for for breakfast and van just now for lunch.. They were both good. But a like chocolate anyhow so i knew i would like Chocolate opti better..Had mine with crushed ice..Good luck Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/13/13 3:18 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

This is such good news, Keith -- congratulations.  I know it seems surreal at the moment, but it is really going to happen. 

I chose all chocolate OptiFast and added cold decaf coffee, a tablespoon or so of a good cocoa, and lots of ice cubes.   Churned and chopped it all (leaving some ice chunks for texture, but that's just me) and had no difficulty at all taking the four a day.

But I digress -- the purpose of this post is to say "hang on to your hat, you're in for one heck of a ride".  :)

Marilyn (aka mmm)

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Michele T.
on 6/13/13 3:45 am - Canada

Congratulation how exciting... I am meeting with the Surgeon tomorrow to get consent. I would definitly recomment Chocolate for the Opti.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Laurie C.
on 6/13/13 8:11 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Keith:

so nice to see you finally get a date, you have definitely jumped a lot of hoops.  enjoy the opti, it's okay, I liked the chocolate, we'll make sure there is an empty seat on the bench for you.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

JJ_
on 6/13/13 2:25 pm

Congrats!  I hope you get the call soon.

Yes the CF does own your body.....and at times your soul  (cradle to grave).  LOL

Judy

Arlio1207
on 6/13/13 9:43 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Congrats on ur appt. If you dont hear from Ella by 2 call her. Se wont mind. Tell her Arlene said so and she will laugh !!! Typically they give you half vanilla and half choc, not really an option. I did manage to get all vanilla, but didnt like it much, I still have a full case of it. But everyone tastes are different. Hopefully you will get ur date soon and u will be on ur way !!!!

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

2renee
on 6/13/13 11:54 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

Woohoo - SOOOO happy for you.

Renee

Most Active
Recent Topics