Hats off to all you runners & NSV....

Allaryanna
on 5/4/12 7:19 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 So as I posted previously I was going to start Slim in 6 by Beachbody.  I have managed to move to the second stage relatively easily although mine will be more like Slim in 8.  In total 6 days a week I work out for about 1 hr.  Some times medium intensity sometimes not so much depending on the time of day.  Either way it feels great and the endorphins are fantastic.

The NSV my endurance is phenomonal now. I went dancing this weekend and didn't sit for hours. Prior to surgery I was lucky to make it through one song.  No high heels yet but it's coming. 

Now the hats off.  Started couch to 5 k this week.....holy he$$ it kicked my butt.  I found muscles in my legs and arse that I was not aware existed.  You guys are a breed unto yourself.  Someday i hope to count myself amongst you but for today I will think of all of you as I trudge through my reps around the block.  I can hear a voice in my head I call the monica voice (and I've never meet her)  "I know you can, I know you can, I know you can."  I'll jog in the dark because it is too embarrassing to be seen in the light.  It's weird my lungs and stamina feel like I could keep going if only by leg and buttock muscles would agree.  

Unfortunately I also find I am more hungry during the day and have increased my protein accordingly.  I noticed that it was getting harder not easier to get through my workouts the higher the intensity I was able to hit.  Then I remembered all the great advice about finding a balance between food and exercise and added some food for fuel.  I am now eating about 800-950 cals a day and about 80-100g of protein.  Finally got to have raw veggies and remember why I love salad.

On a side note my scale said 203 this morning 3 lbs from onderland and 20lbs from my doctors goal....

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

sam1am
on 5/4/12 8:53 am
Congrats on your new endurance!  I too am always impressed by runners!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Vi-Vi
on 5/4/12 10:00 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Congrats!  Keep up the great work and on getting your endurance back!  I'm sure the pain you feel in those muscles you didn't have is a "good" pain!  Keep up the hard work!  
Karen W.
on 5/4/12 11:14 pm - Canada
That's awesome!  It will only continue to get better.  Next thing you know, you'll be calling yourself a "runner".

RNY April 11, 2011       

Ammi Tu
on 5/5/12 5:37 am
RNY on 04/13/12
You have done SO WELL!!! I'm so happy for you!! That is such excellent progress - you are so inspiring to me!! Not that I'm going to run ANYWHERE anytime soon LOL I'm in awe of runners...

Keep up the great work, chickie!! It won't be long now until Onederland!!! 

I'm cheering you on!!!!

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
Most Active
Recent Topics