Slim in 6 to p90x!!!!!! Long...

Allaryanna
on 3/24/12 3:14 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 So  due to a friends incredible success with p90x toning & losing weight I decided prior to surgery I was going to use this program to tone and strengthen once I had lost some weight.

I knew I would never do it prior to surgery even just losing the 40 some odd pounds and not dealing with the diabetes seems to have made a difference in energy.

I also determined based on what he said that there was no way I could do p90x at this stage of the game so dug out the last exercise videos I bought "Slim in 6". (By the same company that does p90x)  I had brought them to work thinking I may do them on night shift and never had.  So I blew the dust off of them tonight and made the commitment to do the six weeks.  Figure I made it through opti and the fluid diet, this should be easy.

Made it about 1/2 way through before I needed to take a break.  Was struggling at the end but I finished it with only a few short 30 second breaks and only modifying the floor exercises.  

There is NO WAY prior to my surgery I would have made it that far.  I would have been huffing and puffing after 3 minutes and I can actually say I feel pretty good.   And I look great in my new PURPLE work out shorts, they match my purple trimmed asics. 

So 1 workout down, 35 to go over the next six weeks!!!!  Wish me luck...

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

jdance
on 3/24/12 7:03 pm - Canada
getting started is the hard part, good for you.
keep us posted on your success.

j

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/24/12 9:42 pm

Good for you for starting! 
My 17 -year old step-son did PX90. (I'm not familiar with slim in 6) The difference in his body every two weeks was incredible!

Good luck!

Monica M.
on 3/24/12 10:30 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
good for you!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 12:00 am
Good program, I have one of the sets at home. If I can find a quiet spot on my own when no one is around I like to do it. I just don't like jiggling in front of anyone. Perhaps if I can get a chance to continue for a long period i wouldn't have the jiggly parts.
Most Active
Recent Topics