Hey all I'm back...NSV's already...started 1 week out..(Long)

Allaryanna
on 2/28/12 10:46 am, edited 2/28/12 11:41 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Hey everyone!!!  Wow have things been crazy post op.  Feel like my life is consumed by eating and drinking fluids.  Just finish one and start another!!!   Hopefully someday this process will be quicker.

So enough complaining...there are so many posts I wanted to comment on but would be here all night so let me say:

1.  Welcome to the Newbies...
2.  Congrats to those who have received appointments, dates or had surgery.
3. Way to go those who have reached goals or had NSV's.
4.  I was sorry to read of the loss of Penny, my condolences to those who knew her and the OH
     Ontario family in general.
5.  You are a fantastic bunch of women (and men) and your posts are all informative and inspirational.

Now on to me.  My surgery was Feb 9  I believe I am down between 30-35 lbs since Optifast began. Will know officially Thursday when I go to the clinic.  Some days are good for water intake others are bad.  Been slack on walking, now that my Neuropathy in my feet does not seem to be flaring the 9 yr old and I have plans to begin nightly walks.  He even found me a pair of running shoes.  I will also be asking the clinic nurse about when I can return to the gym.  

My first NSV was the week after surgery.  I purchased 2 shirts at Ricki's from their sales rack and they both fit.  This is from a freakin' "normal" persons store.  1 was an XXL, think it may be to big, the other was an XL.  

2nd NSV.  Was looking at boots with my mother now that all the sales are on and decided to try on a pair of knee high boots.  THEY FIT!!!!  In a "Normal" Size 8 even got around my claves.  And Normal shoes fit as well.  So Shoe shopping for Ma turned into her getting her boots and me buying 5 pair of footwear.  2 boots, 2 sandals and a pair of kick a$$ high heels I could never have fit my feet into 1 month ago.  Forgot how much I love shoes....time to break out the box of heels I have stored to see what now fits!!!!

I think between the little bit of weight I have lost and the lack of swelling from the diabetes I now my even be a shoe size 7.5 I was a size 7 before I began gaining weight.  

YAY FOR NSV'S!!!!!

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

TBIYTC
on 2/28/12 11:23 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Congratualtions!!  Your happiness and excitement is downright contagious!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

StevesGal
on 2/28/12 11:24 am - Hamilton, Canada
Sounds like you're doing great!!  Keep it up!!

You're going to be going thru clothes sizes quickly for awhile, so you may want to think about shopping at Value Village (or a comparable second hand store).  I just got $80 worth of clothes for me, son, hubby and runners for daughter for $40.

I'm looking forward to knee high boots next winter!!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Allaryanna
on 2/28/12 12:09 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Thanks guys...

Realized though that I will need to be very careful not to turn into a shopaholic..

Good news I have a 20 yr old daughter with more clothes than most stores.  I keep threatening her with raiding her clothes like she has mine over the years...

Di

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Monica M.
on 2/28/12 8:25 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
good for you!! congrats on all your NSVs so far! Imagine how many more you'll see

charm64
on 2/28/12 10:30 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Wow good for you! You are doing great

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

smiley_k
on 2/29/12 10:59 am, edited 2/29/12 10:59 am
Congrats on your NSVs and your weight loss to date! And yay for shopping! It's good that you'll be able to shop your daughter's closet as well to save some money...

Enjoy your shoes!

Katie  ♥     

Most Active
Recent Topics