Got my call for education!!

barbniko
on 1/18/12 7:59 am
What do I expect now that I am at the stage of going for a education before meeting the doctor??? I am so looking forward to this..When do I get to meet the doctor after this and when will I be going into for surgury??  Please Please let me know what I will be doing now???
Monica M.
on 1/18/12 8:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
ok....right now, you should just breathe.. you'll get your answers soon enough!! Congrats!

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/18/12 8:44 am - Windsor, Canada
You are meeting Dr. Reed. He'll do a quick physical on you, go over all your medical history, talk about your risks/benefits of surgery and basic question answering.

Then you'll be expected to buy Optifast.  Then you *may* get a surgery date. You may not though either.   Right now Guelph is going over their surgeries as they are not sure if they have hit their totals or not for the fiscal year. They may be "done" for the fiscal year which means that they will not book any surgeries now until April. (They filled some in March and need to see if they have reached their quota - and if they haven't, they will book more in March). Other than that, they are starting to book April now (start of new fiscal year).

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 9:55 am - Guelph, Canada
 WOW Its great to hear there is actually movement happening at Guelph...

When was your orientation? 
LuAnne H.
on 1/18/12 11:05 am - London, Canada
One of the Dieticians will be doing your post op nutrition class. You will get a handout that explains everything.  It will last about 1 to 11/2 hrs.  You are now on a list for meeting the surgeon.  Ths call will happen when there is an opening for the appointment.  I was in Guelph Jan 13 for this class and was told that I will have surgery on or before early April.

I hope this helps you, I know how frustrating the wait is.

LuAnne

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
Most Active
Recent Topics