Having a couple struggles...please help

jhpby
on 12/28/11 3:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
Thanks Erica. I would say it probably took me 15 minutes to eat the burger. I ate the whole thing...I don't feel hungry but I don't feel even remotely close to full. I am very good at pushing the plate away when I feel satisfied because I know I don't like the full feeling and I don't want to get to that point.

I have been drinking all day...I have had approx 50 oz so far today
I got up at 7:30, ate breakfast around 9:30, snack around 12, lunch at 2:15, afternoon snack probably around 5, dinner around 7:30.

I am thinking I will have some left over turkey and squash
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

on_my_way2011
on 12/28/11 5:17 am - Canada

I know all centres are different...but I had my surgery one day after you and at my one month follow up they said that once completely healed and eating normally I should be eating three oz (about 90 grams) of lean protein, 1/4 cup veggies and 1/4 cup starches (or more veggies and less starches, to a max of 1/2 cup).  I am not eating quite that much yet.  I can get in about 2-2.5 oz of meat at the most before I start to feel that slightly uncomfortable feeling that signals me to stop eating.  If I eat more veggies than starch I can get in a half a cup, but if there are starches in my meal I can only eat about 1/3 of a cup in total.

Personally, I am still taking one shake a day.  Sometimes I don't need a whole shake to reach my levels, but I still drink one.   I just feel that drinking a shake that has no sugar and no fat is better than padding my diet with things that are higher in those things, like deli meat, to reach the proper levels.  I haven't pushed the limits with sugars at all, but I have dumped on things that are too high in fat (and not really high, just too high for my body I guess) so I have to be careful.

However, other than perhaps the size of the turkey burger everything you are eating looks great.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

jhpby
on 12/28/11 5:46 am - Oshawa, Canada
I know I should be eating atleast 3/4 cups as per the handouts from TWH. This is the amount they recommend after 6 or 8 weeks
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Brenda T.
on 12/28/11 5:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on your success so far, you are doing great!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Leslie W.
on 12/28/11 9:05 am - Cobourg, Canada
I'm through TWH as well and there is nothing wrong with protein drinks. It all depends on how much protein you are able to get in with food. I'm just 3 months on Jan 11 and there are days when I just cant get it all in so I do rely on protein drinks 1-2 per day. As long as the weight is going down you are doing great.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Gabygee
on 12/28/11 11:49 am - Canada
It sounds like (despite your worry) you are actually doing really wel..

I would only add one recommendation for your daily measuring - start adding your post to eh "What are you eating/doing today?" thread every day.

You'll be able to compare yourself to others, and more importantly the veterans will weigh in if they feel you are ignoring something important or missing out on something, or even overdoing it on something. 

I find it very helpful to compare myself to others every day. 

PatXYZ
on 12/29/11 3:16 am
Your menu looks great and it sounds like you're doing awesome! Congrats!
Most Active