Humbler

Nancy K.
on 11/8/11 12:53 am - Cornwall, Canada
Can anyone tell me if Humbler is doing the sleeve and if so, which doctor is the one to have or avoid.

Any info on the doctors there including there stats and how many surgeries (no complications, deaths, etc) please let me know.

My daughter wants the sleeve, but I want to make sure she gets the best one they have with little to no complications.

You mothers out there will understand this, lol.

Thanks,
nancy
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Monica M.
on 11/8/11 1:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I went through Humber, but i'm afraid i don't know this. Best of luck. Karen just posted in another forum posting and article that supports the VSG. (the forum post is titled "gold standard" or something like that.)

If she does want a sleeve, she'll need evidence to support why she wants it, as far as i know.

Monica

Nancy K.
on 11/8/11 6:04 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Monica,

Thank you for your comments and how are you doing since you went through Humbler?

As for my daughter, I'm sure once she sees the doctors up there, she will tell them what is going on and keeping our fingers crossed and with my medical back ground they may think as our GP does that the sleeve is much better of an option for her.

Nancy

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Monica M.
on 11/9/11 9:44 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm doing very well, Nancy. I found the team at Humber very professional and capable. I've had no complications. They're easy to get a hold of, they return phone calls, and are flexible at booking appointments. No problems at all with them.

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 1:28 am - Canada
I may be wrong, but as far as I know, all the docs at MIS [Humber] are qualified to perform VSG but will only do so under the OHIP guidelines. 

Some info on the docs there can be found on their website : www.misgroup.ca
Nancy K.
on 11/8/11 6:06 am - Cornwall, Canada
Thanks for the info Simona.

Do any of you know how much experience they have?

I will check out the site a bit later on, when I'm not so tired.

Again, thank you,
Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
Karen M.
on 11/8/11 3:53 am - Mississauga, Canada
Nancy, nice to see you, hope you're well.

All of the surgeons at Humber are very skilled and qualified to do the VSG.  I would also recommend the surgeons at Hamilton and Guelph.

Does your daughter have an OH account?  She should really be here asking questions and doing research for herself.  We'd love to help her out if we can.

As an aside, any news on the completion of your DS? Or am I just out of the loop? lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nancy K.
on 11/8/11 4:12 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Karen,

How are you doing, I'm fine I guess.

I was accepted for Ohip to have my DS, but now they say I shouldn't have it because of my lungs. Gagner is wanting more testing because they are all nervous due to my now bronchitis above and beyond my already having asthma and allergies.

So I'm up in the air for the time being. But I always say everything happens for a reason.

My daughter was with me through all my stuff for my sleeve so she is very much aware of everything due to my problems.

I told her I wanted her to do her own research but she has pointed out, she read everything with me when I was making my decision, lol and knows what she wants.

One reason she wants the sleeve is because she is so young (21) she doesn't want the re-routing of the intestines, but she also knows that due to our family history of heart problems and so forth she is a candidate for it as well and wants to be able to take the NSAIDS if she needs to.  She is also being screened for Lupus which also runs in our family.

She already takes an NSAID for her migrains (sorry don't remember the pills name) but they are the only ones that work on her.  Our GP is saying that for precautions she too thinks it best to have the sleeve. My oldest boy who is now living in Singapore (he was in China) had a minor coranary in his late 20's.  

I will ask her to join, or she can use my id if she wants to and if she does, I will have her sign in with her name not mine, lol.

nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
Karen M.
on 11/8/11 4:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
We'd love to get to know her and offer support, Nancy.  Let her know I'll be looking for her! :)

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking.  Some iron/hemoglobin issues, but dealing with it.  Maintaining a 160 pound loss at 5.5 years out, so life is pretty damned good!  My boyfriend moved in 1.5 years ago, so I guess that makes him my *cough* common-law husband. lol We're happy. :)

Sorry to hear about your lung issues!  I understand Gagner wanting more testing done - I hope you hear some good news soon!  Take good care of yourself.  

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active