Yep.. pretty sure I dumped for the first time!

lovin_life
on 10/6/11 10:36 pm - Canada
Hi Everyone,
Well.. I'm pretty sure I dumped last night and boy oh boy was it ever terrible! My fiance and I went grocery shopping yesterday and while we were out he found a NSA fat free frozen yogurt..so I got all excited and we bought it.. Well I decided that I would try some of it last night and did it ever make me ill..It started like 20-30 mins after eating it.. I started to feel abit dizzy and my tummy was rumbling.. then i started getting some discomfort in my belly, then it went into feeling very nauseous and intense cramping.. my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest and  I felt like my face was on fire..I ended up throwing up and I felt sooo yucky I just went to bed and tried to sleep it off.. it took me awhile to fall asleep but once I did it was gone.. When I woke up this morning I felt much better! I looked at the container this morning (as I was cursing it..lol) and my wonderful fiance neglected to tell me that while the actual sugar was very low.. there was 25g of sugar alcohols per serving..ERRRRR!!!!!! He is normally really good at reading labels and making good suggestions.. but the one time that I trust him and  dont triple check the label..he lets me down..lmao!.. Oh well.. lesson learned!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Hannahmumma03
on 10/6/11 10:43 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
good to feeling better today!!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Monica M.
on 10/6/11 10:50 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
hijack - love the avatar!!!!

Monica M.
on 10/6/11 10:51 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah, that's awesome, isnt it! i had the same kind of thing after a wee bag of cashews..

Cheryl D.
on 10/6/11 11:32 pm - Toronto, Canada
I dump horribly on sugar alcohols, even now, almost 2 years later.  I try to avoid it at all cost.  I don't have much of a sweet tooth really so I don't mind not having NSA treats.  For me, personally, it's not worth the cost of eating that crap.  

All the best to you,
Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:49 am - Canada
Don't know why you chose the teary emoticon for this...I view dumping as a good thing and a reminder to keep on track and being vigilant...but that's just me I guess!
JJ_
on 10/7/11 5:59 am
Ouch!!  Now you know how you will react.  Not pleasant. 

PatXYZ
on 10/7/11 6:57 am
That sucks! I think the best way to enjoy a cold treat like that is to make your own frozen yogurt. Just use any yogurt you can normally eat and pop a whole unopened container in the freezer and then enjoy it frozen when you want a treat! The little individual sized ones work best for this.
Jennifer D.
on 10/7/11 8:00 am
Dumping is so not fun and I wouldn't wi**** on anyone. Anyone who says they see it as a good thing would think differently when they begin dumping on soup, salad, yogurt and anything else for that matter. Severe dumping can also lead to a diseased pancreas and nesidioblastosis. Anyway, not indicating you in this. The total carbs in NSA or fat free foods can be huge. Thanks for sharing so others don't have to go through this.
Most Active
Recent Topics