Hi and just venting...

ROSIESMILE
on 9/29/11 12:11 pm

Measure inches; this indicates a lot of shrinking but the scale doesn't knwo that.
Hydration!  Any chance of fluid retention?  That was a problem for me.

I had my surgery out of country; I can't relate to your frustration.
Be your own advocate and make sure to follow up regularly.
Get the name of the person you are speaking to every time.
If it's possible, use email so that  you have a paper trail.

And most importantly, ask questions!

Jonathin
on 9/29/11 1:46 pm - Ottawa, Canada

That's horribly rotten. 

It sounds like we had a similar-ish timeline too. I hope Guelph can get you in soon. Have they given any indication on where you are in the list?  Do you think you can social engineer with Guelph and the central registry to honor your original referral date and bump you up some?

I'm shy a few months from 2 years myself and I can say that the waiting is the most frustrating, most unnecessary part of the whole process.

I'm crossing my fingers for ya!

GP / Paperwork: Dec 2009    Referral: Apr 15, 2010   Received Letter: Feb 1, 2011
Info Session: Feb 4, 2011   Nurse Appt: Mar 7, 2011  Diet/Nut Appt: Mar 29, 2011
Pulmonary Test: Apr 1, 2011
CPAP Appt: May 17, 2011  Surgery Class: Jun 8, 2011  
Meet Surgeon: Jun 9, 2011   Pre-Op Mtg: Jul 11, 2011 Start Optifast: Jul 13, 2011
Surgery Date #1: Aug 3, 2011 (cancelled Jul 19)      Endoscopy: Sep 9, 2011
Start Optifast #2: Sep 14, 2011                      Surgery Date #2: Oct 5, 2011
Eileen C.
on 9/29/11 1:48 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi 

Welcome to the board

Sorry to hear of your mix up, can certainly understand your frustrations

I would suggest the you contact the Ontario Ombudsman, someone on here will be able to further

assist you with the number to call etc to contact the Ombudsman, my recollection is that because of

the issue that you have had;  they may be able to get your referral pushed ahead

It is certainly worth a try, good luck with the process, and hopefully it will get resolved sooner rather

than later

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
debralight
on 9/29/11 6:26 pm - Canada
I second the suggestion of going to the Ontario Ombudsman and asking him to look at your file, ensure nothing more screws up and things from here on in are expidited for you. 

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

sam1am
on 9/30/11 12:11 am
Welcome! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Jennifer D.
on 9/30/11 12:32 am
Welcome to the Board. Several people have been given closer dates because they called the centre and there had been a cancellation. I would phone weekly and let them know you are available in a moment's notice.

Please contribute whenever you get the chance, lurking's not all it's cracked up to be.
Allaryanna
on 9/30/11 6:45 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Thanks for the support everyone.  Today was a better day.  I convinced my mother to join the gym so I now have 7 work out buddies to keep me in line.  And was able to talk to Amelia today, which made me feel better.  Will keep posting!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics