Hi and just venting...

Allaryanna
on 9/29/11 9:25 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 This is the first time I have posted on this site.  Though I have been lurking for well over a year.  I am having some moments of frustration and feeling exasperated over this whole process.  

My referral went in January 11/2010 and got lost so I have been waiting 21ish months now for surgery.  I have no surgeons appointment and no idea when I may get surgery other than this winter sometime.  It has been a nightmare of incorrectly done bloodwork, lost paperwork and such.

If that isn't exasperating enough joined a gym, I work out 5 days a week and over the last 4 weeks I have gained 4 lbs.  WTH!!!!

Kay...so that's it just vernting.  Thanks to anyone who listened....

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Tanya T.
on 9/29/11 9:27 am
Hang in there. Definitely a long wait for you but you will be so glad you did!

Tanya

Brenda T.
on 9/29/11 9:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
It makes you shake your head... how do they lose us in the system? Hopefully this can't happen anymore with the Registry, but then again your's probably went thru that way.... ummm. How did you find out they lost you?
Sorry to hear your frustration and don't blame you one bit.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Brenda T.
on 9/29/11 9:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh and welcome and great to have you post.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Allaryanna
on 9/29/11 9:42 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 After waiting 9 months I phoned Humber where I thought my referal was and was told it wasn't there that it had been sent to the registry.  My referral was 1 month pre registry.  The explanation I received was that with the registry creation all the referals got sent to them and redistributed.  

Mine was supposed to be in Ottawa.  But when I phoned them they had no clue where it might be and were not even sure if they had it. The receptionnist told me they had boxes of papers they were going through and no centralized list. So I started phoning hosiptals to try and find it, to no avail. Someone suggested calling guelph as they were friendly.  Audrey in Guelph was able to locate me in the registry at least, so I had it transfered at that time to them. At that point I was having issues with confidence in any hospital.

Just sucks that my lab here in Belleville messed up my bloodwork.  Oh well... Soon it will all be behind me.

Just having one of those days...

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Allaryanna
on 9/29/11 9:44 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 And thank you for the welcome..I'll go back to lurking now...
Leslie W.
on 9/29/11 10:42 am - Cobourg, Canada
Glad to see you posting. Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. So you have most likely turned a few lbs of fat to muscle!

Sorry for them losing your paper work. This is a trial of patience. Dont worry your turn will come.
for me it has been a 14 month process. Ottawa does have a longer wait time. Many seem to get transfered to Humber for a faster turn around.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Mary A.
on 9/29/11 1:14 pm
I think we can stop saying "muscle weighs more than fat". 1lb of muscle weighs the exact same as 1lb of fat.  However, 1 lb of fat takes up more "space" than 1 lb of muscle.
savasana
on 9/29/11 11:33 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
This process is really tough even when it runs smoothly; I completely understand your frustration.  It will be so worth it in the end so hang in there.  Right now what I'm running into is reading all the timelines in the signature and seeing folks with referrals well after me already having surgery while I'm still waiting.  Each centre is different though and all I can do is buffer up my patience.

As someone above mentioned, muscle definitely weighs more.  I began swimming and didn't lose a pound for six weeks.  It turns out that during that time I lost four inches on my waist though and I haven't felt this good in a long time.  No matter what, working out at the gym is a benefit to you even if you don't see it on the scale.  Take your frustration about the process out on those machines!
JJ_
on 9/29/11 11:43 am
 Welcome.  This process sure requires a lot of patience.  All the best.

Judy

p.s. Please come out and post again 
Most Active
Recent Topics