TMI..I'm having BM issues..

lovin_life
on 9/25/11 7:42 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!
I am having some tummy trouble..I have been constipated for a few days now and my stomach is getting really sore..I'm starting to feel nauseous and I keep getting waves of cramps and stomach pains..Not so pleasant! I was just wondering what most people take to help with this problem..I need relief asap..lol..
Thanks for all your help!
Lovin' Life!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
stewartjackie
on 9/25/11 7:46 am - Pickering, Canada
I see you are Dr Reed also, in Guelph they advised taking colace, which I got from Rexall. This is a stool softener. They said if I needed relief right away to take a glycerine suppository. That works within 15-30 mins.
Good luck, sounds yucky.
Jackie

Catw
on 9/25/11 8:36 am - Arnprior, Canada
I hadn't gone for a week after surgery, and I was told to take Milk of Magnesia and ducolex.  It started to work within an hour.  Some have to wait a bit.  Good luck!

joanne_1970
on 9/25/11 8:56 am - Harriston, Canada
I asked about this last week in Guelph.  I told them I had been taking MOM and was told they prefer we take colace. This is a stool softener and Im not sure how fast it would work.

Nathalie_Can
on 9/25/11 9:04 am
You poor thing, I was told by my surgeon that if I became constipated that I shouldn't wait.  I was so plugged up, I spent almost an hour in the washroom trying to pass it but failed, all that came out was like black sand.  Became weak and so I didn't hesitate to go to the ER.  They did an enema (sp?).  It did help, it passed but O.M.G. did it ever hurt.  You shouldn't wait.  You can create other damages by waiting like hemorroids. 

If you really don't want to go to the ER, go to walmart and buy an enema bottle.  After inserting, like the nurse said, hold it in, which is hard cause you'll get crampy and all, but you need to hold it for at least 20 minutes.  Then try.  If it doesn't, please don't wait!!

I felt soooo good once I went and trust me, I am taking benefiber (no taste at all) in my water now, + 15ml of milk of magnesia every night before bed.  I so don't want to go through this again!!  lol

Keep me posted!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Monica M.
on 9/25/11 12:01 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
nathalie, you should NOT be taking MOM every night. It's very bad for your bowels to be using a laxative that regularly... MOM should only be used as a tool for occasional constipation.

Use the benefibre, use a stool softener, but STOP taking Milk of Magnesia every day. You can get dependent on laxatives and ruin your bowels.

Nathalie_Can
on 9/25/11 12:38 pm
I only used it 3 times, I didn't mean to give the impression that I was.

Monica M.
on 9/25/11 9:01 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
sorry for misinterpreting your post. I just got really worried. I know extreme constipation can scare people from ever getting that bad again.

phew.

Nathalie_Can
on 9/25/11 10:11 pm
no, I'm glad you did...that's what I love about this site, not only inspiraing, everyone is looking out for each other like you did for me.

And look at you in that avatar pic, oh la la....:)

Tanya T.
on 9/25/11 9:20 am
I was told to take Colace to soften and Benefibre to keep regular.  If your that uncomfortable I would do as Jackie suggests and take a suppository.

Tanya

Most Active