First Optifast

A T.
on 8/26/11 12:48 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I had my first Optifast shake today.  It wasn't that bad, I added decaf coffee to the chocolate.
I think I can handle the next 9 days!!!

Allison
mrcracing
on 8/26/11 12:53 am - Cayuga, Canada
Yes you can do it!!! Its not so bad and only 9 days thats better then 14 lol.
   Debbie 

sueberman
on 8/26/11 1:15 am
Even better than the 21 I had to do.  Just don't let yourself get bored with the taste, there's lots of ways to mix it up.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Monica M.
on 8/26/11 1:31 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Yeah, like Sue said, boredom is your biggest enemy here. Mix it up a bit if you can. Congrats on getting this started!

joanne_1970
on 8/26/11 1:32 am - Harriston, Canada
Im on day 9 now and I only had one really bad day, which I posted on this forum.  LOL  As I was told at the time just keep your eye on whats coming at the end.
Good luck!

Carole1974
on 8/26/11 1:55 am - Welland, Canada
Well Allison you are on your way. When I had the opti I enjoyed the choc with mint extract and the vanilla with orange extract. My one week apt at St Joes is the same day as your surgery:)

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

Tanya T.
on 8/26/11 3:24 am
You will get through it Allison! Sept. 6th will be here before you know it.

Tanya

StevesGal
on 8/26/11 5:24 am - Hamilton, Canada
Excellent!  Put the coffee in the freezer for a few hours so that it gets crystallized.  Helps with the thickness of the drink so it's more like an Iced Capp.

Also, don't forget my favourite hint ... get some LorAnn Oils from The Bulk Barn.  They're usually at the front checkouts.  The bottles are very small, but very powerful.  I liked the banana cream in the choc and watermelon or strawberry in the vanilla.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Connie W.
on 8/26/11 5:39 am - Canada
Yeah on the first Opti......Sept 6th will be here soon enough, you and I will be racing the hallways in St Joe's...I always think that the last 2 days will be hardest with only clear fluids Lots of good ideas for flavours...I think I am heading to the Bulk Barn now!!
Surgery on September 6th, 2011 Dr Hong,  St Joe's Hamilton My angel  is "Bogie"

Most Active