Open incision...

bogie
on 8/25/11 7:35 am - Canada
I concur with the other posters and am a firm believer in the steri strips. I would not remove them daily and reapply. They are very adhesive and will eventually fall off on their own with repeated showers etc. They do cover the wound so air can still get at it. they will reduce the chance of infection since the wound is no longer open. They are very thin strips and do a great job of replacing sutures. Just read the instructions and have someone help you if possible. They can be tricky to apply correctly. They will reduce that pulling feeling and scarring as well. I had a large incision after my hysterectomy and part of it opened. Steri strips worked great. Best of luck.
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

stewartjackie
on 8/25/11 1:48 pm - Pickering, Canada
Wow, lots of info. Because I lost a lot of blood and had a large haematoma (have to look up that spelling) Dr. Reed wanted me to wait to have my staples until he could do it himself. So it was 2 weeks before they came out, and on 2 of them he put steri strips and told me to wait until they fell off. In hospital I suggested leaving the leaking around without bandaging and the nurse said the risk of germs/infection is greater when it is uncovered, so that fits with some of the info above. Take care, Jackie

Most Active