When will I feel better?

laura S.
on 8/21/11 11:27 pm - London, Canada
Hi,

Sorry you are having a rough time of it.  I had the hiccups a lot last week.  Gas-X is supposed to be wonderful.  Maybe try a different broth so you can have the salty taste a bit more.  I found I liked teh beef more than the chicken.

It's a bit harder at home, and I had a lot tougher time getting my walking in at home (live in a teeny tiny house - not much walkin room!).  That probably didn't help with my gas pains.  Try to get in LOTS of walking. That will help with the gas issues.  You'll feel better soon! 

*hugs*

Laura

flyingwoman
on 8/21/11 11:41 pm
I remember that hiccup-burp. I HATED it.

Good news is that this all goes away fairly quickly. In a week or so you will be feeling better. You can do ANYTHING for a week. Hang in there.
stewartjackie
on 8/22/11 1:07 am - Pickering, Canada
 Try to keep moving to avoid the gas pains, since they really are painful. I know what you mean about the sweet stuff, just awful. I was 10 days befor you on Aug 8th and today I started full fluids. I feel like I'm in heaven with the porridge with milk. Texture and no sweetness, wonderful. Just hang in there a little longer and keep strong!
Jackie

lovin_life
on 8/22/11 1:12 am - Canada
Thank you everyone for your kind words and re-enforcement!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
jdance
on 8/22/11 2:52 am - Canada
Breath, just breath.
You will get thru it. And you won't even remember 1/2 the stuff you've been though.
I find it hard to remember the first month, I journal so i have it all written down but i can't recall alot of detail, it's just  something that we all have to do and we move on to the next stage.

you are starting an incredible journey, just take it one day at a time and it will get progressively better.

J

Most Active