Optifast vs Protein Powder????

steff1970
on 8/19/11 1:24 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12
Hello everyone just have a quick question about whether the optifast tastes similar to, worse then, or better then drinking protein powder?  I have been using protein powder now for 2 weeks and my first one i thought i was gonna puke, however the next day i tried again and this time all of a sudden it went down no problem.  I use really cold water to mix with and my bullet and voila I LOVE IT!! Now after saying this do you think i will be able to handle the OPTIFAST as well as this? Thank you all for you input.

All the best to everyone

Stephanie

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

mypita58
on 8/19/11 2:09 am - Windsor, Canada
 I have had no problems with either products. It has been one full week now for the optifast and enjoy the taste very much. Have had no cravings. I am glad I got used to the taste of protein shakes before optifast. 
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
steff1970
on 8/19/11 2:36 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12
Thanks Glenda for your reply.  Would you say the two of them tast similar to one another?  What would you compare the taste of Optifast to?

Thanks again
Stephanie

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/19/11 2:38 am - Windsor, Canada
To be honest it is all a matter if taste and preference. Even two protein powders can taste completely different.

I actually tried chocolate optifast last night. Did not like it.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

mypita58
on 8/19/11 2:56 am - Windsor, Canada
 Everyone tastes are different. For me I did not find any difference between the two. I enjoy both.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Monica M.
on 8/19/11 2:59 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
taste is such an individual thing. Someone can't tell you how something will taste to you.

JennR
on 8/19/11 4:15 am
I've had no problems with any protein powders, optifast or any pre made protein drinks or meal replacements drinks. I don't think you will have a problem with optifast. Really there seem to be more people that admit to tolerating it or even liking it than people who hate it.

Nurse_Danielle
on 8/20/11 3:54 am - Canada
I've been through 5 different types of protein powders now and I MUCH prefer optifast over either.  I like chocolate better. 
Most Active