This time tomorrow I will be in the O.R..

lovin_life
on 8/17/11 1:41 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!!
Well guys.. my day has almost arrived!! I will be having my surgery tomorrow at 11:45 in Guelph with Dr. Reed!! The nerves have pretty much gone away ****il tomorrow morning..lol) and I am just really excited to get my new journey started!! The last two nights I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping because my brain just WON'T STOP!! I keep going over everything in my head that I have to do before I leave tomorrow, and obsessing about the surgery, how much pain I will be in, what it will be like in recovery, and on and on and on...its soo annoying..lol.. But my support crew is coming down to my place tonight so we can all go through it together (My fiance, my dad, my mom and my two sisters). It is amazing to have such a great support system both with my family and everyone on here. Thank you everyone for all your help and support throughout my journey thus far, I truly appreciate it..I will update everyone as soon as I am able to about how my surgery went!!
Impatiently waiting for tomorrow..lol!!
-Lovin' life!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Linda C.
on 8/17/11 1:52 am
Good Luck tomorrow!  My surgery is tomorrow too, but at HRRH - now scheduled for 1 p.m.  You will hit the bench before me... so make sure there is room for me!

You will do awesome... hoping you have a speedy recovery and minimal pain.

See you on the bench!

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

Lisa_Toronto
on 8/17/11 4:36 am - Toronto, Canada
 Good luck to you too Linda!  It looks like you've made quite a head start.  Post an update when you're able!

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
LuAnne H.
on 8/17/11 1:52 am - London, Canada
Good  luck and speedy recovery! 

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
smiley_k
on 8/17/11 1:57 am
 Best of luck tomorrow. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!  
Katie  ♥     

Nathalie_Can
on 8/17/11 2:38 am
yay, good for you.....and the good thing about not sleeping for the past 2 days is that you will have no problem sleeping in the hospital to get plenty of rest........lmao......ttys!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Lynette1962
on 8/17/11 2:52 am - Whitby, Canada
 I have gone through the evaluation process and I am waiting to see if they approve me for surgery - I SOOOO wish I was having my surgery tomorrow.  I am sure you have waited for this for a long time.  Tomorrow is the first day of your new life.  Congrat's !!!!
stewartjackie
on 8/17/11 3:44 am - Pickering, Canada
 Oh that is wonderful!  I had my surgery last Monday in Guelph with Dr. Reed, so if you have any last minute questions fire ahead.
Something that I learned the hard way, was when they gave me my pills, I took them too fast with too much water don't do that, and if you feel nauseous in any way, just tell the nurses and they take care of it. 
I'll be thinking of you and look forward to hearing of your success!

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/17/11 4:13 am
All the best tomorrow. You are VERY fortunate to have a good support group!
Susanne S.
on 8/17/11 4:32 am - London, Canada
All the best tomorrow and a speedy recovery. Dr. Reed is wonderful, he did my RNY Aug 11.

Most Active
Recent Topics