Liquid Vitamins

lovin_life
on 8/16/11 6:51 am - Canada
Hi everyone!
I am having my surgery on Thursday and I am trying to get everything in order before I go in. I wanted to get some liquid vitamins because I just see them being much easier to take early out.  I did buy materna vitamins, and 4 bottles of Webbers naturals calcium citrate that I will use when I'm all healed up but I was just wondering where everyone gets their liquid vitamins and calcium, what brand you get and how much they cost. Thanks for all your help!!!
- Lovin life!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Karen W.
on 8/16/11 8:58 am - Canada
I've been getting my liquid calcium (Wellesse) at Costco, but there have been numerous posts saying that they are going to stop carrying it; I can't remember how much it costs.  Otherwise, I would buy the Life brand blueberry flavoured stuff (even though it tastes pretty lousy).  I don't use any other liquid vitamins.  I take the Life brand Spectrum 22 (they have iron) multivitamins from Shoppers, and a sublingual B12.

RNY April 11, 2011       

smiley_k
on 8/16/11 11:35 am
 I've tried both the Wellesse calcium from Costco and the Shopper's brand, but I found the Shopper's brand agreed better with my stomach and was easier to get down because it's runnier. Those are the only liquid vitamins I've bought. I found that I was able to chew my vitamins enough that they kind of melt into a liquid in your mouth as you chew (same with the sublingual). I use the Centrum chewables (life brand) because it has more iron than other chewables and sublingual B12 from Bariatric Advantage that I bought at the hospital pharmacy. The only thing my pharmacist suggested was that with the Shopper's brand calcium I add vitamin D, so I add one D Drops to my calcium once a day.

I hope that helps. 

Katie  ♥     

Most Active