Optifast day #2

stewartjackie
on 8/5/11 4:40 am - Pickering, Canada
Hi, I just tried my lunch vanilla with 2 drops of pure vanilla extract, it gave it such a nice (real) vanilla taste, good for a change.

Linda C.
on 8/5/11 5:03 am
I'm really glad you are enjoying the Optifast.  I have been putting crystal light in mine, and I find it really makes a big difference to the flavour.  I am on day 9 of 21, and my problem is the texture of the stuff.  Its not that it is real gritty, but there seems to be a sediment texture that just grosses me out.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you drank it real fast, but that isn't easy to do. 

It sounds like you are going to breeze through the Optifast stage.  Keep it up!

Linda C.
lovin_life
on 8/5/11 5:15 am - Canada
Thanks!! Yeah the crystal light makes a world of difference!! I noticed the "gritty" texture too..but I blend it with ALOT of ice so its like a slushy kind of and the ice helps hide the texture...

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
laccar
on 8/5/11 5:56 am - Canada
You will see it will get easier! The first few days were tough- my mind played all kinds of tricks on me butI overcame them! I had my GastricBanding surgery inMay and it seems so long ago now...and about 30 pounds ago...keep going...I added frozen banana and strawberries to my shakes- it helped alot! Added some fiber too!! And make sure you drink lots and lots of water!! A fun exercise I did during my pre-op was going through my clothes - funny but I had clothes from size 14 to 22..I sorted them all by size...I have since gotten rid of most clothes down to an 18 and it was interesting to see how many "smaller" items I still had and will hopefully be into soon!! This way I know I don't have to go and spend any money on a new wardrobe while I transition!! A size 10 is my goal!! Stay positive and you will do just fine!! Best wishes!!
Susanne S.
on 8/5/11 8:30 am - London, Canada
Glad to hear it's going so well for you
I'm on day 9 already. The coffee is a BIG help I agree. Good luck with it all, you'll do great

Most Active