Optifast day #2

lovin_life
on 8/5/11 12:38 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!
Well I am on day 2 of my optifast and it's going great so far!! Yesterday was hell, I won't lie. All day every thought I had was consumed with food. I was at war with my brain from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. I couldn't even look at the kitchen without thinking about 1000 things I wanted to eat and whenever a food commercial came on t.v I had to look away because I would start drooling..lol..But I fought through it and never gave into temptation (which feels really good). Today I feel much better.. I feel pretty level headed and not really craving at all. I can actually go into the kitchen and make my shake without even thinking about food. I rreeaallllyyy hope this state of mind stays with me for the next 12 days..lol..On the other side of things I don't seem to be having any of the issues yet that other people have had....yet (yet being the key word..lol) no optitrots, no dizziness, no gas..I just have a bit of a headache and a little low on energy but overall I feel good. Let's see how the next few days go!!!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Nathalie_Can
on 8/5/11 12:44 am
You are very strong, good job!!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

laura S.
on 8/5/11 12:51 am - London, Canada
Your doing great!!!!  Good for you!  Hopefully you never have any issues and its smooth sailing all the way through! 

Laura

lovin_life
on 8/5/11 12:55 am - Canada
Thank you soo much!!!! And Laura the decaf coffee is a total life saver..lol..I really don't like the after taste of the optifast but when it's mixed with a little bit of coffee the after taste is gone! Thank you for that tip!!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Derek C.
on 8/5/11 1:03 am - North Bay , Canada
Great job - im on Day 5 of 21 - its gets better thats for sure - i foud that keeping busy and not thinking about food has really helped - Keep smiling - your doing great

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

lovin_life
on 8/5/11 1:28 am - Canada
Thank you!! Yeah keeping busy helps for sure. I'm trying to keep myself as busy as possible with work, cleaning, reading, playing with my dogs, anything that keeps me away from the kitchen and my brain away from food..lol..

stewartjackie
on 8/5/11 1:42 am - Pickering, Canada
 Hi, I'm on day 12, only 2 to go, wow can't believe it. I found the aftertaste went away very quickly, and unbelievably so did the cravings! never in my life has that happened. I got the optitrots for a little bit, but nothing I couldn't handle. 
I had both flavours, in the vanila I added pumpkin pie spices and I really like that taste. The chocolate is just fine to me. 
At first I thought it would never end and those tv commercials were brutal, but now here I am with only 2 days til surgery....I know that if I can do  it, you can too!!!
And of course the result is certainly worth it....
Take good care and keep busy.

lovin_life
on 8/5/11 2:24 am - Canada
Thank you!! The chocolate doesn't bother me either, just the after taste (which is bearable) But the vanilla..yuck!! I'm definitely going to have to add something to that one..lol.. I will try the pumpkin pie spice for sure!!

Derek C.
on 8/5/11 2:26 am - North Bay , Canada
At one of our local coffee places i picked up a bottle of sugar free caramel syrup and added a slash to vanillia last nite - and it made it bearable .. Im going to try pumpkin pie spice tonight for sure

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

lovin_life
on 8/5/11 3:04 am - Canada
I just finished my lunch..and I actually enjoyed it!! I made a vanilla shake (blended with 6 ice cubes, about 2 cups of water) and then I added a crystal lite single "strawberry, banana and orange" flavour.. Oh my goodness.. it was yummy!!!!! It tasted like a strawberry milkshake.. I actually enjoyed that one and savoured the flavour..

Most Active