Throat and ear infection!!

lovin_life
on 7/25/11 11:05 am - Canada
Hi Everyone,
Sooooo... I went to my family doctor today because I have been having a sore ear.. well lone behold I have an inner ear infection and a throat infection..booooooo.. My doctor wrote me a scrip for amoxacillin (sp?) to take 3 x a day for 10 days.. I am starting my optifast in 9 days and my surgery is on August 18th.. I just wanted to know if anyone has had to take antibiotics this close to surgery, and if it was okay.. I am going to call Guelph tomorrow to make sure before I start the prescription but I just thought I would ask here for any advice..
thanks bunches!!!!!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Sher1ock
on 7/25/11 12:14 pm - Canada
Definitely talk to your centre, but my first thought would be to get it treated as agressively as possible because I can't see an anaesthetist being thrilled or even willing to stick a tube down an infected throat if that became necessary.

Good luck!

sueberman
on 7/25/11 10:44 pm
I'm sure you'll be fine by then - just keep on top of it.  I had the same as you but I got a different med, some new one time shot, which worked but I woke up with yet another sore throat this morning, at least no fever this time.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Most Active