PATTS Appointment in Guelph?

lovin_life
on 7/17/11 6:00 am - Canada
Hi Everyone,
I was just curious about what happens during the PATTS appointment in Guelph. I understand its a LONG appointment but I just wanted to know which tests did they do, what all you had to do and who you had to see. Also, I have heard people talking about Nicotine testing and drug testing. Do they actually do these, and how? I don't really care about them because I've never been a smoker, and I don't use drugs but I'm just curious.
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
TBIYTC
on 7/17/11 6:02 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
What does PATTS stand for?  What is it?

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

JJ_
on 7/17/11 6:50 am
PATS - Pre-admission Testing.  i.e. anything to do before you are admitted to hospital for treatment/surgery.
TBIYTC
on 7/17/11 6:56 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Thanks JJ.  I have been wondering.

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Sharvanne
on 7/17/11 7:20 am - Canada
 You'll meet with a nurse to go over the medications you're currently taking (bring the actual bottles with you) and have an EKG (I think... it's on of the ones with the wires). They'll go over pain management, what to bring with you, and what to do the night before. 

You'll meet with the anesthesiologist to review your history with surgery. You'll also have a bunch of blood taken, which is how I'm assuming they check for drugs, smoking and a whole whack of other stuff.

You'll get weighed, too.

It's easy, it's painless, it's just a lot of waiting.
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/11 8:40 am - Guelph, Canada
 dont be taken back if they do a nasal swab and a rectal swab... with the current outbreak of c-diff they took the rectal and nasal on my mom last week.. she is going in for knee replacement on the 28th
Susanne S.
on 7/17/11 11:15 am, edited 7/17/11 11:16 am - London, Canada
I go on the 27th, thanks for posting that....hopefully they don't have to do the rectal swab....not fun (but if it helps with the c-dif. stuff I guess)

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/11 11:48 am - Guelph, Canada
 it may not be for everyone.. my mom is 2 years cancer free BUT she had been admitted into the hospital within the last year when she had her hip done in October 2010 so it may just be a precaution because she is still on chemo pills and with being admitted within the last year... 

I thought I would put it out there just incase.. dont want anyone to be caught off guard. 
Most Active