I GOT MY DATE

Tanya T.
on 7/8/11 6:11 am, edited 7/7/11 11:27 pm
Today was my appointment to meet the surgeon. So I met the surgeon Dr. Gmora such a nice man gave me my optifast, and a few other prescriptions and my nutrition class date July 21st. So I have to say I left feeling pretty good. To my surprise when I got home I had a message from Krista with my surgery date...OMG!!! So August 8th it is....I think I am still in shock. My new life begins August 8th.

Tanya

JJ_
on 7/8/11 6:16 am
Wow, congrats!!  Did you already have your education class??
Tanya T.
on 7/8/11 6:58 am
Thanks, I am having my education class on the 21st right before I start Optifast on the 23rd.

Tanya

jennifer_rpn
on 7/8/11 6:40 am
THAT"S AWESOME!!!!! Where will you have it done? Good Luck with the optifast, it's not bad - atleast I don't find it bad I am on day 4. The first couple days you will feel funny cause it all the sugar and carbs coming out of your system but then it's smooth sailing

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
Tanya T.
on 7/8/11 6:56 am
I am having it done in Hamilton at St. Joe's thanks for the info on the Optifast and information is helpful now the reality of everything is really setting in.

Tanya

trudylam
on 7/8/11 7:26 am - Sudbury, Canada
Congratulations!!!  The time is going to fly now!  Who is Dr. Gmora?  Is he new?  Just wondering because I had a bunch of surgeons (at least 2) training with Dr. Anvari.  It was hard to keep them all straight because they just kept popping in while I was in the hospital. LOL
Tanya T.
on 7/8/11 8:20 am
Dr. Gmora is another Bariatric surgeon in the hospital he told me there are 3 now in Hamilton him, Dr. Hong, and Dr. Anvari.  Even though I seen him it doesn't guarantee he is my surgeon but he said they are trying to change that if they can.  He use to work in New York where they have the same process as Canada the hoops, test, etc but is now working in Hamiton.  He is a great guy for anyone who has to go see him. Very friendly, informative and easy to talk to I felt like I knew him for years. 

Tanya

Megan M.
on 7/8/11 9:42 am - Canada
When I had my surgery class this past Monday, they mentioned that Dr Gmora started work that very day.  My understanding was that he had to do 100 surgeries with another Dr. before he was able to operate on his own.  So if I understand correctly, it'll be Dr. Gmora along with either Anvari or Hong.  That's what I'm expecting for my surgery on the 22nd.  But then again, you just never know!  Was he doing gbp in Hamilton and is therefore coming in with experience?
Megan M.
on 7/8/11 9:44 am - Canada
I meant New York for the experience part.
Typoqueen
on 7/8/11 8:19 am
Congrats on getting your  date!!

Kelly

Most Active