Question for Guelph-ers

lovin_life
on 7/3/11 9:19 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!!
I hope everyone had an amazing long weekend.. I know I did!! I just wanted to know (for the people who have had surgery, or met the surgeon) did you get your surgery date the same day you met the surgeon? Or did the clinic call you after and book your surgery? I know that before the surgery there is one more visit to the clinic for the PATTS appointment, but I was just curious..
Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
- Lovin' life

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Christina C.
on 7/3/11 9:27 am - New Glasgow, Canada
 I got mine the same day, was kinda surprised...lol. Than I saw the Internist and had my PreOp at the hospital

3littlepigs
on 7/3/11 10:27 am

I got my pre-op and surgery date the same day I saw the surgeon.  My surgery was 7 weeks after I met with the surgeon.
Donna

charm64
on 7/3/11 1:36 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I had Dr. Reed and I got my appointment the same day I met with him.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

lovin_life
on 7/3/11 2:18 pm - Canada
Okay..sweet!! Thanks everyone!! Much appreciated!!!! Now I'm even more excited for my appointment with the surgeon!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Sharvanne
on 7/3/11 8:03 pm - Canada
 I saw Dr Foute-Nelong for his last appointment of the day. We went way over time and the receptionists had gone home by the time we were done, so they called me the next day with a surgery date. I got another call in a couple of days to book my pre-opp appointment.
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
JUSTJENN71
on 7/3/11 8:19 pm - Delhi, Canada
I too had Foute-Nelong and think he was absolutely amazing!!

Anyhow, I did get my surgery the same day as my appt with surgeon.  I then got a call from the Pre-Op department a couple days later.  I think it was approximately 4 weeks after I met surgeon that my surgical date was booked for.

All the best... it is the best thing I have ever done for ME!

bmom
on 7/3/11 10:10 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Got my appt the day i met the surgeon. Usually within 2 weeks. 
If all prep work is done, then you get to meet the surgeon.Then you meet him and then the big date! :)
Brenda

Down 158 pounds since Dec. 09 ---Down 128 since surgery    
(HW-360 * SW 330 * CW 202* GW-175
)  ( Monday April25-204-Monday Aug22-202)    I own it!!
Previous mini goal hit Mar7----> To be 210!        Next mini/BIG goal --------------> To be 199!!!
BIG GOAL OF 225 OF WEDDING WEIGHT (25yrs ago) MET DEC 15/10
NEXT BIG GOAL ONEDERLAND BABY!!! New pic will shown then! :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Most Active