Was anybody else addicted to pop?

pinkjellybean
on 6/25/11 11:21 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I am definitely not THAT addicted!!  Jeepers - I can't imagine waiting all this time only to say I was out because I couldn't part with diet coke!  Eek!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

MS Miller
on 6/25/11 11:32 pm - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

makes you wonder what they put in pop other than caffeine. I just got back from from my shopping trip to Odensburg NY just 50 min from Ottawa. Here are some of thr drink crystals i purchased, I like variety plus I don't likr crystal light.

Whyler's singles to go, come in lemonade, starwberry lemonade, pink lemonade $2 box of 10, I did get a box of 50 at one time too if you like them, but these taste so good truly.

Sugar free Hawaiin Punch comes in 4 different flavours I like wild purple smash $2 forbox of 8

Ocean Spray sugar free on the go, comes in 3-4 varieties I like the Caran-Grape, plus it has vitamin C $2 for a box of 10

FRS health energy packets wild berry, this is good for those who are a few months out or excersise a lot. They now sell the can drinks at Farm Boy but they have calories, they do make a calorie free one in the US, but the powder ones are so much easier and cheaper $9.99 for 14 I got it on sale for $6.99.

I got all these ar Price Chopper in Ogdensburg  NY USA

I hope this helps

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Susanne S.
on 6/25/11 11:29 pm - London, Canada
I too had a BAD addiction to reglar coke.  I think at my "worst" I was drinking 8-10 cans a day.  Not good.   I gave it up last August and haven't gone back.   the first week is the hardest with headaches, but once you get over the hump you are good.    I accidently had a sip of my son's pop a few months ago, and like Laura's post said I was surprised I didn't like it.  Way to sweet and so fizzy.   I just drink water now (about 10-12 glasses a day I'd say) and skim milk with my dinner....that's the next thing for me to tackle before surgery, not drinking milk with my meal.     I've cut it out of breakfast and lunch but need to cut the dinner one too.   

jcasb5
on 6/26/11 9:03 am
I was totally addicted to diet coke. When I started this process, I knew that I had to stop the old ways. I gave it up cold turkey...

I'm addicted to the bubbles more than the flavor etc... I've been off it for 2 months now, and drink crystal light. I do crave one now and then, but stay away.

I'm on day 5 of Opti, and trust me, diet coke is last thing on my mind... A simple sandwich would be fantastic!!
rosanne L.
on 6/26/11 9:31 am - hamilton, Canada
lm hook on diet coke what am l going to do lol but lm tryin to drink more crystal light its great

NurseTammy
on 6/26/11 11:20 pm - Hamilton, Canada

Everyone knows me as the girl 'with the Diet Pepsi Addiction'.  I would have one first thing in the morning...and just keep going.  At my worst, I would say I could drink well over 12 cans in a day.  People would say ... 'Oh, it's so bad for your health' as they sucked on their cigarettes and pounded back their Triple Triples.  lol.  I was in denial for such a long time.  The aspertame is really bad for you ... but I still don't care about that.  One of my blog posts is about my plan to slowly cut back on soda.  It has been VERY hard.  I hate water - it actually gives me heartburn.  I only like one or two kinds of crystal light (which again, contains fake sugar).  I have found that I really like the Vitamin Water and Aquafina Vitamin Water in the low calorie variety.  They are kind of expensive, so I look out for sales and buy them in bulk when I can (metro has them on sale 3 for $5, they are usually $2.29 each).

It is hard.  I am down to one or two cans per day.  It is the hardest at work because of the 12 hour shifts...I miss the caffiene as well as the 'Ahhhh' feeling drinking a cold soda when it's hot.  I've given up soda before, but it is very hard.

Good luck and keep us up to date.  There is a goal feature on this site that you could add 'No more Soda' to and set a date!

Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics