Time off of work

A T.
on 6/24/11 6:54 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi Everyone

How much time did you take off of work after you operation?

I have a very physical job, who decides how much time you need?

Thanks
Allison
linda11665
on 6/24/11 7:02 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I know were I am having the surgery, they are recommending 4-6 weeks off.

Hope this helps
Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
tobif
on 6/24/11 8:17 am
Hi
I was also told 4-6 weeks and I told my work I would do the 4 weeks and ending up calling them extending it to the 5 weeks.  For me it was something I needed to do.  And now back to work on Monday

CrazyFresh
on 6/24/11 8:43 am - Burlington Ontario, Canada
I was off 8 weeks, as my job is very physical as well.  It was Dr. Anvari who decided that amount of time.
Referral Sent-July 2010, Orientation-Aug 9, U/Sound Lab ECG-Sept 15, Nurse & Nut-Oct 22, Social Worker-Oct 26, Internist- Nov 11, Endoscopy-Nov 29, Surgeon-Nov 30, Group Class-Dec 9, Pre-Op-Feb 1 2011, Surgery-Feb 7 2011

Monica M.
on 6/24/11 9:08 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i took 9 weeks off of work. My job isnt all that physical, but there are times when i can't get something to eat, i wanted to be sure that i was able to strategize how to get food in when i needed to. (also i was whining a bit, i just really wanted to be off)

Dr. Huynh asked me when i wanted to go back to work. His only commment when i gave him the return dated i wanted him to write down was asking if i had coverage for that, because some places didnt. I dont think it really mattered to him (in a good way)

Moselle
on 6/24/11 10:23 am - Athens, Canada
The clinic suggested 4 weeks off; I was ready to go back after 2 weeks but my husband said I was rushing it so I stayed off 3 weeks. I do not have a physical job though so you need to make sure that you do what's right for you.  Good luck on your journey.
_eeyore_
on 6/24/11 10:46 am - Cambridge, Canada
I have a physical job, I took 3 weeks off work then went back on light duty for a couple of weeks.

I eat to live, not live to eat.

Determined_Dawn
on 6/24/11 11:39 pm - Canada
I took 7 weeks off.  Physically I could have returned at 4 or 5 but I am very glad that I waited.  It gave me time to really focus on me and getting my eating right.  This is for life and I wanted to know I was doing everything I could to get it right...including exercise...I had the opportunity to exercise when I wanted not determined by my work hours...I swam almost every day.

Good Luck

Most Active
Recent Topics