Surgeon and Class, What to expect

A T.
on 6/24/11 4:37 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi Everyone

I am so excited Krista called I have my surgeon's appointment July 21 and class all in the same day.

What can I expect at the surgeon's appointment and the class after.  Any information would
be great!

Thanks Everyone!

Allison
StevesGal
on 6/24/11 4:46 am - Hamilton, Canada

Hi, Allison.

At the surgeon's appointment, you fill out a form (so get there a few minutes early), that you go over with the surgeon.  He confirms that you want to continue, and answers any questions you may have.  I don't think I was with him more than 15 minutes.  You'll also get your prescriptions for Optifast and the meds you'll need.  Get this filled at the hospital pharmacy on the main level before you go.  You may want to take a large grocery bag to carry everything easier.

For the class, you get the booklet (that Joy D. posted the link to some time ago), and you go over all the Do's and Don't's for pre and post surgery.  Takes about 2 hrs.  It's in the same room that the Orientation was in - next to the Second Cup in the Fontbonne Bldg.

Good luck!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

A T.
on 6/24/11 4:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Thanks Beth

How is the optifast going.

Allison
StevesGal
on 6/24/11 5:08 am - Hamilton, Canada
Not bad.  I actually don't mind the taste, but it has to be very, very cold.  Otherwise, the vanilla tastes like wallpaper paste.  I like the flavours I've been adding to it, too.

I'm down to my last 3 days of it.  Sunday is my last one!!  Then 2 days of clear liquids only.  I have to be at St. Joe's for 6:15 am Wednesday.  My procedure is at 9am.  Kathy R. will be posting for me once DH calls her post-surgery.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Tanya T.
on 6/24/11 5:27 am
Congratulations on your apppointment I can imagine how excited you are.  I got my call yesterday and I was on cloud nine.  I meet the surgeon on the 8th.  Our timeframe is very close.

Tanya

A T.
on 6/24/11 5:36 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Thanks Tanya

I am very excited.  Krista had an appointment for me for July 12 but I am working, I would have loved to go to that one, so I told her I was off the next week.

I am wondering how long after the Surgeon's appointment will be the surgery.  

Allison
StevesGal
on 6/24/11 5:38 am - Hamilton, Canada
You'll probably have a message waiting for you when you get home.  Krista usually tries to call the same day you see the surgeon.  You might have your surgery within a month after that appt. !!!!

Beth
A T.
on 6/24/11 5:46 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Really that would be great if she calls the same day.  I keep thinking it will be Aug 19, my sons
birthday!

Getting very excited.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery Beth!

Allison
Most Active