Question for the ladies that have had surgery already

A T.
on 6/24/11 5:52 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hi

I was wondering if they will do surgery if it is that time of the month.  Have any of you
had the surgery with it and was it very embarrassing.  

Allison

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 5:54 am - Vaughan, Canada
Hi, I personally have not however, I know a few OH memebers who did have it and did have the surgery.  Hopefully they will give you some input.
irol770
on 6/24/11 5:57 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I got my period the day before my surgery was scheduled.  They gave me disposable paper panties to wear along with a big hospital pad...not the most comfortable, but after the surgery I didn't really care anymore.  LOL  But they did the surgery, not a problem.  They wouldn't hold it up for something like that.  And then the nurse stocked my room with more pads for me to use after the surgery.  The only thing that was gross was that they measured my in and out so when I peed in to the measuring cup it was mixed with blood.  But oh well...they see that all the time and aren't put off by it.
Glitter Text Generator

Monica M.
on 6/24/11 9:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i did, i was embarrassed, but the nurses were fine about it, were very practical and everything. I've heard a lot of people have had that happen. They give you something to wear during the surgery, but you can have your own things afterward. No tampons during surgery.

the doctors don't really care what's going on down there

A T.
on 6/24/11 9:43 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Thanks everyone

I just hope that I don't have it.  But if I do I know that it won't be as bad as I thought.

Allison
Carole1974
on 6/24/11 11:06 am - Welland, Canada
Im so glad that you asked that question I was
wondering about that as well.

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

Kim O.
on 6/24/11 12:03 pm - Windsor, Canada
lol...I'm so glad I was told I had to have my hysterectomy first before putting me in the registry...one less thing to worry about ;)
debralight
on 6/24/11 1:03 pm - Canada
I got to wear the disposible panties and pad.. but hey at least i got to wear undies :)

And i got good drugs for a couple of days so got to miss out on the crampies.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Barb L.
on 6/24/11 1:31 pm - Toronto, Canada
I had mine when I had surgery and I had to get it that morning.  Everything was fine.  They do the surgey and no it's not embarassing.  The surgeon's understand.  The nurses are great.  They give you pads but they aren't the greatest.  I would bring your own.  They give you underwear.  I even leaked on the bed and they clean you up right away.  The staff is great there.  I'm assuming your going to Humber.
Don't worry it's part of life and it is nothing to be embarassed about.
Mary A.
on 6/28/11 4:04 am
surgical staff have seen it all...and as long as you tell them they will provide you with the necessities...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active