TWH Hospital Rooms

pinkjellybean
on 6/18/11 10:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
A question for those who have had surgery at TWH....

What were the rooms like?  Were they all rooms that were ward style rooms for four people or were there semi-private or private rooms?  My insurer provider will cover for me to have a semi-private room which I will do if there are no private rooms but I think if there are private rooms available I would pay the difference between what my insurance will pay and the cost.

I remember after my C-Section with my daughter I had one miserable night with a horrible room mate who cried and wailed the entire time I was with her.......the next morning I got a private room which I had to pay about 100 dollars in addition to what my insurance would cover but it was the best thing ever!  It was so quiet and peaceful and nice to have my visitors (at the time it included my 2.5 year old son) in my room without feeling like I was disrupting my room mate.  I would totally do it again in a heart beat.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

xibalba18
on 6/19/11 12:13 am - Windsor, Canada
I had my surgery at TWH on April 27th, and I requested a semi private room, I ended up getting a huge room for two all to myself.

The rooms arent bad, nurses on the other hand are another story...
pinkjellybean
on 6/19/11 2:28 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I can handle semi-private if I have to....but four in a room would just be too much for me to handle!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Nesha_Bless
on 6/19/11 3:08 am - Canada
i did my surgery there last monday, i did not make any request and to my surprise i got a private room, it was huge and great view of the city, and i had my own bathroom, i didnt have any private insurance, i only had ohip, there was two other females who had surgery the same day as i did and one of them had a private room also, the other had a semi-private.
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Janet13
on 6/19/11 3:45 am - Toronto, Canada
When I had my surgery at TWH in January, I was in private room and so was the other lady that had RNY that day. I didn't ask for it.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

tobif
on 6/19/11 4:47 am
When I went for the pre-op stuff at TWH they asked me at that time if I wanted a semi private or private room - I just asked for semi and that is what I got.  If you get a semi room try and get the window seat alot better than being beside the washroom plus I found it alot cooler :)

wannabeonehotmama
on 6/21/11 9:55 pm - Ontario , Canada

There are 2 special 'bariatric' rooms at TWH - both are private, and both have a view of the CN Tower!   They have larger bariatric beds, and the large chairs (same as the ones in the watiting room)   I was put directly in one, but when my hubby was there, he started out in a semi the first day, and was then moved into 'my' room the following day.  I guess if there's space, you get priority in those rooms, but if for some reason the prior patient hasn't vacated, then you're in a semi, or perhaps ward?   (we had insurance cov'g for the semi) 

Most Active
Recent Topics