Kelly's Question of the......errr.....Month

kellybelly333
on 5/31/11 4:15 am - Toronto, Canada
Yep, it's been awhile. I went back to the job I had before I had Nicholas 5 1/2 years ago, and just haven't gotten back on here! I miss you all!

I'm doing well. Since surgery on March 23rd, i've lost 48 pounds. I'm halfway there, and couldn't be happier. So here is today's (this month's LOL) question (cross posted with the fitness and exercise board);

I am 10 weeks out of surgery (RNY) and have been doing a triathlon clinic. Last night we did a 20k ride, and then we follow it with a short 1.2 k run. About 10 steps after I got off my bike, my calves seized. I have done tri's in the past (even though I was huge), but have never had this happen. Does it have anything to do with the lack of potassium i'm getting? 

I hope everyone is well!!

Kelly

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

paula-37
on 5/31/11 11:01 am - brantford, Canada
Hi Kelly the cramping in your legs could be a sing of  low potassium i would get it checked out to help get your potassuim up eat a banana or have some orange juice.i have had low potassium and have had to take potassium citrate .and that has brought my potassium leveles up..get your docotor to test your potassium level in your blood.good luck with your jorueny, and your job.sendin you hugs and potive vibes for a  contnuing successful wls jorueny,take care .i hope i have helped in some way.i have always gotten where my claves have seized and it was low potassium there are others symptoms too google it and it  will tell you what the sings and symptoms of low potassium are.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALSWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

Most Active