Optifast and Diabetes?

laura S.
on 5/2/11 9:32 pm - London, Canada
I don't believe I asked anyone for a diagnosis or a treatment regimen to follow, therefore I didn't need to give technical information or medical context. I asked how their doctors handled diabetes and if they had difficulties with blood sugar lows because this is a forum for exactly these types of questions.  That is why we are here.  I am pretty sure everyone else understood what I was asking for (considering the responses I got and I thank everyone for sharing their experiences with me).   The reason these forums exists is to allow us to ask questions in advance of our surgery and  to learn and to share experiences with each other.  I put value in everyone's responses as they are sharing what happened to them and it gives me a general idea of how I may be treated.

When I get to the optifast stage, of course I will be talking to my doctor about it and following his/her advice - I'm not an idiot - but in the meantime I wanted to get an idea of what I would be in for as it has been a concern of mine and apparently it has been something others have wondered about as well.

NervousNelly57
on 5/4/11 8:25 am - Guelph, Canada
I certainly appreciate you and all the other members asking questions, partly because it helps prepare me for the questions I will need to ask the surgeon and/or the other members of the bariatric team.  Many of the questions are the same as or similar to things I've been thinking, but some of these posts include important issues that hadn't even occurred to me yet!  Keep asking!

Sharon B

laura S.
on 5/4/11 1:34 pm - London, Canada
Thanks Sharon!   Good to know other people wonder about the same types of things!

Laura

Most Active