Would you do it all over again?

Janet13
on 4/25/11 1:26 am - Toronto, Canada
I am only 3 months post op, but I wish I had done this years ago.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Amy_Lynn
on 4/25/11 1:49 am
In the blink of an eye I would do it all over again!!  No regrets at 6 months out I'm down 75 pounds wearing size 9 jeans from Guess and feel like a million bucks!!!

Amy

Surgery October 13/10
EricaFG is my

Tabetha A.
on 4/25/11 1:58 am - Ajax, Canada
 Yep!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

murphy10
on 4/25/11 2:43 am - Hamilton, Canada
 My daughter and I both have had the surgery in the last year and would do it again without a second thought.  And to reinforce this my son, who had his surgery in Toronto, developed a leak and with all the complications has been in and out of the hospital several times in the last 6 months said, despite all the problems he would do it all over again for sure.  
Lorraine
TheShrinking Woman
on 4/25/11 2:44 am, edited 4/25/11 2:45 am - Welland, Canada
I am a weird case.  I have always had an odd body medical wise, and my Dr has frequently suggested I donate my body to science when I die LMAO.  {I think he's serious }

Anyhow, since I had my surgery, just under 2 years ago, I have lost over 250 lbs, and have developed reactive hypo very very bad, I have seizures and black outs etc.  Nothing we do so far regulates it which is driving me crazy.

However, the other day driving my son to work I started shaking bad.  {Which means an episode is on the way}.  We went to the groc store and got an orange and some cooked roast beef and I sat in parking lot eating a bit of each.  After hit and miss on each food we finally were able to get it well enough I could drive.

My Son reaches over and hugs me {which meant alot, at 19 he doesn't give me many any longer} and he says Mom, if you had the chance to go back in time, would you change having of had the surgery done?

In my mind I saw myself sitting on the couch, taking breaks to get across room to toilet.  I saw myself not fitting in any clothes so having to wear pj's that look like a tent.  Then I saw myself and my Husband doing the mile walk every day, my clothing being extremely smaller.  I also saw myself blacking out, having a seizure, and even spending 20 minutes to try to have a bowel movement that's bigger than my head LMAO.

Suprising myself I said yes I'd do it again.  Yes either way I am still sick.  Bit different ways but this time I can still walk, can function, and yes I suffer alot and we have yet to figure how to regulate it, but the other way I was destined to die within 2 to 5 years my Dr said, and I HATED me.  I don't like this new sickness, makes me feel out of control of my own life, but it's still better than taking 3 breaks to walk 10 feet to the bathroom.  It's still better knowing I have a chance at life now where before I didn't.  I can now walk a  mile without breathing hard, before I made it about 4 feet when I had to sit or lean across counter to breathe.

This surgery has it risks and consequences depending on person, but it's a true life saver.  Follow the rules your given, that's important, and watch how much change is evident as the months pass.

So the short of this long story is.  Yep I'd do it again, even though that answer would shock my family and friends LMAO

Elizabeth xo's

Edited: I don't know why but on my comp screen half my sentences are cut off, I didn't lose 25 lbs I lost over 250.  Sorry if it's not cut off on your screen lol then this is just a yep I am proud and wanted it documented right haha

^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^
Surgery May 13, 2009 
With Dr J Caruana Synergy Bariatrics

STARTING WT: 439 lbs   CURRENT WT: 197.3 lbs
                   TOTAL LOSS TO DATE:  241.7
^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^ ^I^

irol770
on 4/25/11 3:30 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
YES without hesitation.  I wouldn't even think twice about it.  I want to say that my life now is 100% better than it was presurgery, but it is even more than that.  I just don't think I can put a number on it.  I have the same job, the same loving family, the same friends....but my life is so much better, I am so much happier, my days are so much more worthwhile now....
Glitter Text Generator

Jennifer D.
on 4/25/11 3:34 am
I have. Twice. : )
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/25/11 3:53 am, edited 4/25/11 3:54 am
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seven months out have lost 92 lbs. The ravenous cravings are gone. Now that I look and feel better the SHAME is gone. I wouldn't wear a bathing suit anywhere and now I do Aquafit 3 times a week. I am a new ME!!!!
You do have to work at it, but it's such a helping and motivational tool!!!
wls123
on 4/25/11 4:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Allison, I would definately do it again!!!  I am 5 months out and no complications.  I love my RNY!

Jodi

Optifast starting weight 272 lbs
Surgery weight 256 lbs

My Angel is Sheri139        
Sheritk
on 4/25/11 4:50 am - Canada
No doubt in my mind it was the best thing I ever did for myself and my family...only regret is not doing it sooner!!! Feel blessed to have this second chance on life...

Sheri
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

Most Active