So excited!!

lovin_life
on 4/19/11 2:18 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!!
It's been awhile since I have posted on here but I had to share my excitement!! I have so many blessings in my life!! First off.. in Feb of this year the love of my life proposed to me and of course I said YES!! We had originally set the date for May 25th 2013 but excitement and love made us bump up the wedding to May 26th 2012!!!! So I have been up to my eyes in wedding plans ( very stressful but very fun!) As well, I will be graduating from college soon (which is a dream I have had since I was a kid) annnnndddddd best of all.. Guelph just called me and my surgery class is booked for May10th and I am right on track for my June surgery!!!!

At times my life seems surreal..marriage..graduation..surgery..all of my dreams are coming true!!
Thank you to everyone for all their help and support!!!!!!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
SandpaperSandy
on 4/19/11 2:23 am - Kitchener, Canada

so your surgery is booked for June and you have a class to attend?  what is the class?

congrats on the engagement.

laura S.
on 4/19/11 2:36 am - London, Canada
Congratulations about your engagement and upcoming wedding.  That is wonderful  :)  Things really are going well for you!  Lucky girl  :)  That's wonderful that your class is booked.  Did they give you any ideas for when you will be meeting with the surgeon?  (I'm December 2nd in the yellow book, but already had the diet given to me so will not be going to a class).

Laura

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/19/11 2:40 am
Congratulations!
You may want to buy your wedding dress closer to your Wedding Date as you will be a new person!
charm64
on 4/19/11 2:49 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Congratulations on your engagement and up coming surgery!  Woohoo

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

lovin_life
on 4/19/11 2:53 am - Canada
Thank you everyone!! I am one very luck girl!! I am for sure going to put off buying my wedding dress as long as possible..lol.. I have to attend the surgery class on May 10th and then I will be seeing the surgeon and then having my surgery. During the class the NUT will go through the post op diet in detail and talk about changes that need to be made, etc. My surgery has not been booked yet but when I spoke to the clinic today they said that I am right on track for having my surgery in June.

Laura: They told me it would be 2-3 weeks after the class to get an appointment to see the surgeon. I also received the diet book/ guideline/ meal plan when I went for my last appointment with the NUT (Jan 31st) but I still have to do the class, my start date was Dec.9th 2010. Oh well.. gives me something to do while I wait..lol...
jdance
on 4/19/11 5:33 am - Canada
that's alot to look forward to.
Congratulations.
Life can be very good.

StevesGal
on 4/19/11 5:38 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congratulations!  Seems like you're on a great run.  Keep it going!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Lil-Stinker
on 4/19/11 5:39 am
congratulations!!!
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Moselle
on 4/19/11 6:10 am - Athens, Canada
It's no wonder that you are "Lovin Life," it sure sounds like everything is coming together for you! Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket as well! lol   Congratulations and all the best.
Most Active