Medicaid & Affinity Health Plan Orange County NY! Lap Band Surgery need a dr who accepts...

pachello1019
on 7/12/09 11:51 am
Someone please help me! I luckily came across this website and I am hooping I can find somw answers here! I live in Orange County New York, and I am desperately looking to find a doctor who accepts medicaid with affinity health plan!   WHat is it I need to do and where do i need to go? I am lost and feeling very discouraged!  I thank everyone in advance for helping me out !   Jessica
sjbenji2
on 7/12/09 12:30 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hello Jessica,

I also have Affinity Health Plan and I live in Rockland County and when I was looking for a surgeon I found a few that took Affinity my doctor which is in New York on 113th and Amsterdam his name is Julio Teixeira he is located at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital. His phone number is 212-523-2184.
Also when I was researching doctor I came across some doctors in Middletown, NY their number is 845-692-8780 when I was checking around they said they did except affinity you can always call Affinity and they will give you a list of doctors. I chose to go to Dr. Teixeira because when I research his work I saw that he has a great record  of success with the surgeries. I am so excited I have a surgery date for July 20, 2009 and now I am just waiting for Affinity to give me my approval.

Good luck with your weight loss I am sure you will be successful.
Sherry
pachello1019
on 7/13/09 5:34 am

Hello Sherry!
  Thank you so much for your help.  SO IT JUST SO TURNED OUT THAT i AM SCHEDULED TO GO TO AN INTENSE ORIENTATION ON THIS THURSDAY AT THAT DR QUAN IN MIDDLETOWN WHO EXCEPTS AFFINITY! SO I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT THIS ALL WORKS OUT FOR ME!  sO, BEING THAT U ALSO HAVE MEDICAID AND AFFINITY WHAT IS OUR PRIMARY INSURANCE? SEE THATS WHERE ALL THE FINE PRINT SEEMS TO COME IN WHEN THEY SAY THEY DO NOT TAKE MEDICAID BUT THEY ACCEPT AFFINITY WELL AFFINITY ISNT REALLY OUR PRIMARY INSURANCE IS IT? ISNT MEDICAID IT? I AM SO CONFUSED! WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET AFFINITY TO APPROVE THE LAP BAND?
jESSICA

pachello1019
on 7/13/09 5:48 am
OK sHERRY i HAVE EVERYTHING ALL SITUATED AND JUST SPOKE WITH AFFINITY ABOUT WHAT i NEED TO DO ! !   SO I AM HEADING TO MY PRIMARY DR TMRW FOR A REFERRAL FOR THE LAP BAND. so AS LONG AS MY DR  GIVES ME MY REFERRAL WELL THAN ALL SHOULD BE GOOD! (I HOPE) I WILL DEF KEEP U POSTED! THNX AGAIN
JESSICA
suplav76
on 7/14/09 3:11 am - Warwick, NY
cassey99
on 10/3/10 5:04 pm - Yonkers, NY
I was wondering how long did your insurance require before you can be approved?
Cassey99

pamela P.
on 7/16/09 10:27 am - monroe , NY
I had surgery at the end of April with this office in Middletown. It iscalled Tri-State bariatrics and they are the BEST. I have had alot of bumps in my road but they are my life savers. Check out my profile and read up. You made a very wise choice. Best of luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics