WLS Dr/Hospital in Las Vegas?

shercara
on 1/10/06 5:11 am - Northern, NJ
Greetings Nevada Board! My family and I are traveling to Las Vegas for vacation at the end of February. Both my husband and I are WLS patients from New Jersey. While on vacation last summer in Myrtle Beach, SC my husband had emergency surgery due to an internal hernia. When he was experiencing terrible pain, we did not know what hospital to go - so we went to the closest one. Phil is fine, but if I had not contacted our surgeon, and or Dr had not pushed the Dr there to operate immediately the outcome could have been different ( the Dr and hospital in SC were not familiar with, and did not perform WLS. They wanted to wait and observe him overnight - our Dr said he would hold him "medically liable" for his patient's life, if he did not perform surgery right away!) Also, after a LAP RNY surgery ( with no other complications I might add) this Dr did not operate LAP, so Phil has a 7" scar from his belly button to his chest. Needless to say, the SC Dr. said on at least 4 occasions after the surgery, that "he was glad our guy pushed him!" (If you get a chance - take a look at our profile for the full story!) Now - I want to be prepared for the unexpected as much as I can - so onto my question - Could someone please recommend a hospital in Las Vegas that is familiar with and performs WLS - along with the name of a Dr. if possible? I do not expect any problems, but do not want to be in that situation again. Thank you in advance for you help and input! All the best, Sherri
LUVROSE4U
on 1/11/06 10:23 pm - fort oglethorpe, GA
hi there . i saw your post and wanted to say whatever you do , dont go to mountain view . its a newer hospital but its right next to a funeral home . get my point. its a long story , i live in calif but lived in vegas , my parents live there , but now my dad only does .my mom didnt make it out of that hospital, she had a stroke and they didnt even know what to do .had they known that the first 3 hours of a stroke is inpereative to get help she most likely would be here today . but they didnt know how to or what to do ,our loss . plus the hospital was filthy....just my opinion. check out some of the other hospitals .they are much better. i wil ask around and see which is the best and get back to you k. . rebecca
shercara
on 1/13/06 9:39 pm - Northern, NJ
Hi Rebecca, Thanks so much for your reply and information! I really appreciate your help. I hope we do not need to visit any hospital, but just wanted to be prepared. I have put your comments on my "Things to do in Vegas list" and one of them will be not to visit mountain view hospital for sure!! Thanks again, Sherri
LUVROSE4U
on 1/13/06 11:18 pm - fort oglethorpe, GA
hi there, just wanted to let you know the hospitals i would use if i had to . would be st rose dominican or desert springs hospital. those are good ones. hope you wont need one while on your trip. rebecca
shercara
on 1/13/06 11:59 pm - Northern, NJ
Thanks again Rebecca! I've made a note Take care, Sherri
Most Active