Hurry up and wait!

Suzanne B.
on 6/10/05 5:33 pm - Henderson, NV
Hello Everyone: I am pre-op and have been researching this surgery for two plus years. I am now in the process of the three month medically supervised diet to appease the insurance co. I attended a nutrician class which really insulted my intelligence. I was actually told that if I followed their suggested food pryamid and made the correct food choices, I could expect to lose 10 lbs a year. WoooooooHooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! That would put me at goal in 12 yrs! I am getting very frustrated with this process. I mean are these people for real? I am hoping to finally have the surgery in Aug or Sept. Will the day ever actually come? Help, need some encouragement! Thanks, Suzanne
Stephanie O
on 6/11/05 2:18 am - Happy Place, CA
Hey there, I refer to this time period as "let's see how high they can make me jump". Well jump through whatever hoops they demand because the end justifies the means. Yes, I have to agree, the supervised diet thing is ridiculous, but it's what you have to do to make "them" happy. I was fortunate in that I had just been on Lindora right before my surgery so my insurance company accepted that. In addition I had some major co-morbidities and the surgery had basically become life saving for me. My advice to you, just hang in there. Your day will come and you will look back on all of this and still hate it, but know that it got you to surgery and on the loser's side. Stephanie
Suzanne B.
on 6/11/05 1:12 pm - Henderson, NV
Hi Stephanie! Didn't we e-mail a couple weeks ago?? Well I'm glad to see you made it to your new home and WELCOME! Also, a big thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I know we all have to pay our dues to get what we want, thats what I'm doing, and I know the time will fly and I'll go what happened to the 100 plus lbs I was carrying around?! What a dream.. Hope all is well. Suzanne
Stephanie O
on 6/11/05 2:58 pm - Happy Place, CA
Hi Suzanne, I think we did speak a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy to say that I have arrived here. You gave me the name and phone number of your surgeon here as I will be looking eventually for a bariatric doctor or a PCP depending upon my insurance when it comes due from work. Were you the person who had just moved here from Orange County? I've moved into an apartment on Eastern and Green Valley Pkwy. The complex is called The Summit at Sunridge. It seems really nice and the area does seem great. I think I'm going to be very happy here. I'm going to the Las Vegas support group on Wednesday night. If you can make it, you should try to go. I started support groups before my surgery and it really makes a difference. I hope we will get an opportunity to meet. I know that what you are going through right now with the waiting and hoop jumping is very frustrating and exasperating. Sometimes just having someone to talk to who knows what you are going through can help. Let me know if you can go to support group Wednesday. Perhaps we can meet there. Hope to talk to you soon. Stephanie
Most Active