info on dr barry fisher

mandy2085
on 5/11/05 8:10 pm - henderson, NV
hi my name is mandy and dr fisher is said to be my surgeon so if anyone would be so kind as to give me some info on the dr the surgery or anything would be great thanks mandy
Cassandra K
on 5/15/05 4:55 am - Reno, NV
Hi Amanda, I don't know anything about Dr. Fisher but it looks like he mainly performs the Lap Band and RNY. here is his OH information page. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Barry+Fisher+gl.html Also I wanted to suggest that look into one other surgical option called the duodenal switch. (www.) duodenalswitch.com. It has the best statistics for weightloss and keeping it off long term then any other surgeical option available. You will find many with other failed wls end up being revised to a DS because it works so well. Good luck in your research. Cassandra DS -105
Marjorie F.
on 5/15/05 12:40 pm - Topock, AZ
Hi, I had Lapband on 5/10/05, at North Vista Hospital. Dr. Cottam with Dr. Fisher assisting. Everyone said I couldn't go wrong with the best assisting. They are both wonderful. Dr. Fisher is a lot more talkative. I really like both of them. Their aftercare is exceptional and you're with them for life. They both really care about you. North Vista is smaller, but clean and the nurses that are assigned to take care of Dr. Fisher's patients are really caring and know their stuff about this surgery. If you've ever had any open surgery the laprascopic will be a snap. Was for me anyway. My roommate had the Bypass and it was her first surgery and she said it really wasn't too bad, as far as pain. I lost 12 pounds since Tuesday so I'm really happy with everything. I think I made the very best choice using Dr. Fisher's practice. Marji
mandy2085
on 5/15/05 12:45 pm - henderson, NV
hi thank you i appreciate the help i have my seminar this wednesday may 18 2005 is this when you met dr. fisher mandy
Marjorie F.
on 5/15/05 2:11 pm - Topock, AZ
The seminar that I went to was given by Dr. Cottam. Dr. Fisher came in and sat with the audience. The first time I really met Dr. Fisher was at my preop appt. They do it in a group, all of you that are having surgery the same day (4 of us) and then you can see your Doc afterwards if you have any specific questions. He's very straightforward and tells it like it is. Marji
Pat I.
on 5/19/05 1:39 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I wish I knew 5 mos ago what I know now. Before you waste your time and money jumping through all of the insurance and Dr. ordered tests, you should go see the "so called" Physycolgist. That way you can be flunked out of your "phych" exam right at the beginning and told that you have "issues" to work out for about 3 months before you will be considered for surgery. (Translated=your insurance will pay for 3 months of therapy so then, and only then, will you be cured enough for this surgery) This exact same scenario has been done to more than just myself. I am looking for another Dr. here in Las Vegas, anyone have suggestions? Good luck!
loser1952
on 5/27/05 11:54 am - Logandale, NV
I wouldnt reccomend Fisher. The staff is rude, Dr. Fisher appeared to not really care about me, but more about how I was going to pay for the surgery, since i didnt have insurance, and there Physc. Doc. treated me with direspect and was very condisending. There is nothing professional about sticking a 300 lb patient in a hot, dimley lit room for an hour and 35 mins!, with boxes piled to the ceiling with dust all over the place, and then continuely asking the patient what are you hiding from me I know you have issues your hiding from me. What is the purpose of that? Then she said to me what will you do if I fail you, I said I will give you your 150.00 and leave. And thats what I did. Dear God people dont be mistreated like I was. No one should have to be treated like this by any so called professional.
Cassi H.
on 5/30/05 2:27 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Francis Teng over at Mountain View Hospital is the best and comes very highly recommended!
mandy2085
on 6/6/05 3:09 am - henderson, NV
i have to say patrica that i wasx not sure of what you said at first and then it happened just like you said it it really really sucks but my pcp is going after here mandy
Suzanne B.
on 6/5/05 10:14 pm - Henderson, NV
Hi, I'd like to address some of the posts regarding the phyc evaluation. Seems to me comon sense would tell you that if you don't pass the phyc evaluation, you won't be getting the surgery, so I advise anyone pre-op to start with the phyc evaluation first. If you found the physcologist at Dr. Fishers office unprofessional, then maybe you should go to another one and get a second opinion. I was told I could get my own phyc evaluation from whom ever I pleased. I found the staff at Dr. Fishers office to be very friendly and helpful. Of course, they are concerned with how you're going to pay and if your insurance will cover the surgery...thats a given with any Doctor. It's hard to fool a trained professional, so if the physcologist feels you have underlying issues and is delaying the surgery, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Everything happens for a reason including delays. If it means moving you on to another surgen, where things will go smoother for you, then maybe it's a message from a higher power. I'd say go with your gut instincts. Theres more than one surgen in town and a reason for everything. Don't give up!
Most Active