Hiatal Hernia & surgery

Pat I.
on 5/10/05 9:23 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have been going through the hoops with Drs, tests, and more tests. I thought I was almost ready to take the last step and see the Dr after today. Now I found out I have a hiatal hernia and esophagitis. So more Drs and tests I suppose. Does this knock me out of the chance to have surgery? Has this happened to others? I was hoping for the lap band, but will go RNY if necessary.
Dianne B.
on 5/11/05 6:13 am - Reno, NV
Patricia, I live in reno when I had my surgery on march 9,05 ( RNY) I heard that a lady had her hernia fixed at the same time. Don't stress I dont believe a hernia will stop the surgery I have lost 50 lbs in 2 months and wow am I happy. I am 5'7 and I weighed 339 thw day of surgery. good luck and hang in there it and the wait are well worth it.... Dianne
loser1952
on 5/27/05 11:32 am - Logandale, NV
Hi Patricia, I know what you mean about going thru the hoops with our local Doctors. Especially Dr, Fisher and his crew. Phew what a mess!! You would be better off getting involved with the new group of surgeons that have recently come into town. They are very proficent and no hoops to squeeze thru. Also you can have your hiatal hernia repaired at the same time your having your surgery. It may be to your best intrest to find another Doctor. Good Luck to ya
Most Active