Re: Physch Evaluation

Suzanne B.
on 4/28/05 5:23 pm - Henderson, NV
My Physch Evaluation is scheduled for May 9th. Can anyone shed some light on what to expect?
Billie *.
on 4/29/05 6:12 am - Las Vegas, NV
Suzanne, I haven't been thru this process yet, but I have talked to several WLS patients, and typically it seems that the psyc eval basically consist of taking a personality disorder test (sometiimes you will take two) like the MMPI and you will be asked a few general questions about your mood, state of mind, and outlook on life. They are basically looking to see if you are emotionally stable since this surgery can cause depression and mood swings in some people. In all honesty, I haven't heard of anyone who didn't pass their psyc eval. But if your Dr finds that you may not be ready, they may put you on medication for a while until they feel you are emotionally stable enough for surgery. Hope this helps. Best of Luck in your Journey, Billie*
Suzanne B.
on 4/29/05 2:15 pm - Henderson, NV
Billie: Thanks for the info, I thought it would be something like that. Not quite sure what an MMPI is, but I catch your drift. Suzanne
Dianne B.
on 5/18/05 2:36 am - Reno, NV
suzanne its a piece of cake.. I was there for about 2 hrs just talking. I ask for her to mail me a copy of my eval. I had to sign for it because its confidential. it was interesting what she had to say and right on target... good luck I have lost 52 lbs since march 9 Dianne
Most Active