Support Groups

richardwidman
on 4/15/05 7:24 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am having my surgery in Mexico next week. Do you folks know of any support groups that I can join here in Vegas?
sheryl titone
on 4/18/05 1:59 pm - las vegas, nv
Hi Richard! My name is Sheryl & we would love to have you as a member in our support group. I see Hollie, a new member of our family has already posted the link to our website. We are having a support group meeting at The Spring Valley Library this Weds. evening. We meet 2x a month, on the 1st & 3rd Weds. of the month. The 1st Weds. we meet at the Flamingo Library. If you check the calendar or the meeting reminder on the posted messages, you can get the info. The meetings begin at 6:30 pm & end at 8:30 pm sharp. Please feel free to bring a support person or guest with you. Our group is a State Of NV Non-Profit Organization. We are open to the public, welcome all pre & post op WLS patients, there are no membership fees & we are not a surgeon affiliated group. In fact, we started this group because all 4 of the founders went out of state for their surgeries & had no support when we returned home. We would love to see you this week & help answer any questions you may have, give you support & encouragement before your surgery. If you can't make it this week, I wish you a successful surgery & a speedy recovery. Please feel free to email me or post to the support group message board if we can be of any help to you until we do get to meet you. Sheryl Co-founder/co-director Las Vegas WLS Support Group (http://)health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LasVegasWLSSupportGroup/?yguid=218931517
sheryl titone
on 4/18/05 2:02 pm - las vegas, nv
CORRECTION! CORRECTION! Richard, this week's meeting is at the FLAMINGO LIBRARY not Spring Valley. We had a scheduling conflict at Spring Valley for this month. Sorry for the confusion! Sheryl
SouthernFancy
on 4/28/05 4:16 am - Bennettsville, SC
Congrates on your date wishing you a speedy recovery...Tina
Most Active