Thinking of Moving to Reno Nevada - Help . . .

lwelch
on 4/6/05 8:49 am - San Leandro, CA
My husband has an opportunity to relocate to Reno. This would also depend on me finding a decent paying Job in that area as well. I am currently an Office Manager and do administrative support as well run my office. Any suggestions on finding a job with a minimum salary of 35K. I would prefer 40K but I think that is too high for that area. Any help would be great! Lillian
Cassandra K
on 4/6/05 1:14 pm - Reno, NV
Hi Lillian, You might want to try some of the temp agencies. Some of them you can set up an application online. The Reno newspaper is online also and and some of the links can take you to the temp agencies and/or directly to the employer websites. The newspaper is listed at (www.) rgj.com You'll want to search the Reno and Sparks area locations. The construction business is booming here right now. What line of work or type of office do you manage now? Good Luck
lwelch
on 4/6/05 1:23 pm - San Leandro, CA
I have 7 years as an office manager in construction and 3.5 as an office manager for a publishing company. I would not mind getting back into construction. I loved it. My Husband works for Amtrak and has an opportunity to work in Reno at his same pay as here. If I could find something at a minimum of 35k we could move and buy a house. Something we can't do her. 3 bedroom homes here are a minimum of 475K in a decent area. I want a home of my own desperately. Thanks for the advise!
Cassandra K
on 4/6/05 2:02 pm - Reno, NV
'Good Luck Lillian. It sounds like you'll do well here especially if you have the construction background and want to get back into that field. It seems there were lots of listings awhile back in that area but I don't keep up with the ads much. I'm sure you'll be able to find something and get the house you've always wanted too. Welcome to Reno and Let's have lunch when you get here!
lwelch
on 4/7/05 1:53 am - San Leandro, CA
Thanks Cassandra. I may be putting the cart before the horse though. Hubby is scheduled for WLS April 28 and then will recover for 4 to 6 weeks and then if the position is still open for him, we will seriously think about it. If we do it, I would like to have a job lined up. We can't do it if I am going to rely on temp jobs in the begining, our funds won't permit it. If I do make it to Reno, would love to make some new friends, especially WLS friends. It is amazing to me how slow the Nevada board is. I am on the California board a lot and We post about 2 pages worth or more a day. We are a very active bunch. Thanks again for your help. I will keep my eye open on the classifieds and in a month or so, start contacting temp agencies about permenent placements. One good thing about agencies is if they are national, I can signup here and have my qualifications sent to Reno.
Most Active