Does anyone have ANY info...

Joan F.
on 3/31/05 2:03 pm - Surprise, AZ
Does anyone have ANY information on Dr. Francis W. TENG?
Billie *.
on 4/1/05 12:26 am - Las Vegas, NV
I don't have much information, but I can tell you that Dr. Teng is with the Advanced Surgical Care Group. (702) 838/5888. Their offices are at 3150 N. Tenaya Way #680. As far as I know, Dr Teng only performs laprascopic surgeries (no open) of RNY and also does the Lap Band procedure. I believe that he practices at Mountainview Hospital and was appointed as an Asst. Clinical Professor. Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experiences that I can relate to you. Have you tried sending an email from this site requesting that Dr Teng formally register? It's worth a shot. Good Luck! Billie*
sheryl titone
on 4/1/05 11:50 am - las vegas, nv
I know Dr Teng & his partner, Dr Hanna personally & they are great guys! He is an excellent surgeon & is very strict with his patients. My friend & I started our own wls support group here & we were invited to visit Dr Teng's & Hanna's group where they basically turned the meeting over to us for a q & a from his patients. They reciprocated by attending one of our meetings & speaking & ending with a q & a for our members. They take a very personal & dedicated interest in their patients & their patients can't say enuf good things about them. If you are thinking of consulting with Dr Teng for your WLS, you should attend his support group meeting & see for yourself, what a great person he is & how his patients love him. good luck!!
Joan F.
on 4/11/05 6:00 pm - Surprise, AZ
Thankyou for your reply. I'm almost approved. Did you have the Lap Band procedure? How did it go for you? My insurance covers St. Rose Hospital so I'll go there with Dr. Teng. Any suggestions are most welcome.
Joan F.
on 4/20/05 3:21 pm - Surprise, AZ
Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for 1 more test report. Did your doctor put you on a 1200 calorie diet prior to surgery? I'm afraid that if I don't lose enough weight he might not do the surgery. Please advise. Also, are there any support groups at St. Rose Hospital?
Suzanne B.
on 4/28/05 11:20 am - Henderson, NV
Dr.Teng did surgery on my father in 2002, not WLS but a simple gal bladder surgery that was supposed to be done laproscopically and ended up being open with an incesion from his breast bone to his pelvic bone. This was on an 82 year old man and it was the beginning of the end. Based on his age, any surgery would have been risky. I do not want to scare you, however, being a skilled surgen or even a skilled laproscopic surgen, does not make you skilled at WLS. I don't know if you had your surgery and if you did and went with Dr.Teng, then you have to trust your decision. I would want to know how many Lap-Rny's or Lap-bands he's done, cause I've heard he's fairly new at WLS and have also been advised that you should find a surgen thats done the procedure atleast 100 times. The more experience at the procedure the less likely you are to end up with complications. Again, this is the only experience I've had with Dr.Teng and I'm sure you'll do fine, just ask A LOT of questions!
Most Active