Self Pay in Nevada?

richardwidman
on 3/30/05 4:36 am - Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone self payed here in the silver state? If so who was it with and how long was the process, not to mention how much did it cost? Thanx, Richard
Billie *.
on 4/1/05 12:53 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have not had surgery yet, but I know that Dr. Rutledge accepts self-pay patients. He practices at St. Rose Hospital, and mainly does the MGB. You can find all the information about him and his practice on the Centers for Laparoscopic Obesitey Surgery Website. (I think its clos.net) His total cost for the MGB is $17,000. I don't know how long it takes, but his program does require a lot more pre-op information and "homework" than most doctors ask for, but he says that helps with his patient success rate. Good Luck on your Journey Billie*
Suzanne B.
on 4/20/05 3:55 pm - Henderson, NV
Hi Richard: I decided to self pay and am in the process right now. My surgen will be Dr. Atkinson, he does LAP-RNY for a cost of 21,500.00. I do have HPN -HMO and I got a refferal from my PCP to see Dr. Atkinson, hoping that the insurance will atleast cover the pre-op tests and Dr's visits. I will know in two weeks. My insurance will only cover 5,000.00 of the surgery after you jump through their various hoops, which I choose not to do. I want the surgery when I'm ready without a lot of delays and hassle. To me it's worth it, as I think the new lease on life I'll receive is priceless. Good Luck with what ever you choose to do. Have you attended a seminar yet? You can get all the info you need that way. Suzanne
Most Active