Newbie here!!!

prcanmita
on 11/11/04 3:51 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Laura & I have just started looking into the surgery seriously. I have gone to many seminars but due to different cir****tances have not been able to follow up & actually start the procedures. But now that I have found a doctor here in my own city that takes my insurance & so does the hospital. I am seriously starting the procedure. I can't wait to be healthy again
Liz H.
on 11/12/04 10:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
11/12/04 Hi Laura! I am also a Newbie and just joined this group that was referred by a cousin from Florida.( her surgery a total success!) I too am seriuosly researching the possibility of WLS. Scary thought as it is so permanent! Which Doctor/Seminars have you attended? I have attended one so far with Dr. Simon @ MNT View Hospital this past Wednesday 11/10/04....so far no call from his office. so I called the office today(11-12-04) and they said "someone" would get back to me next week;Mon or Tue., and make a consultation appt. You'd think they would make an appointment when I called? We'll see if thier customer service skills improve.....or they just may lose out on a patient with 100% insurance coverage! (BCBS/NEIHBP) (Need to vent, cannot stand bad customer service & I am impatient at times I guess?) The second will be at the same hospital only Dr. Teng will be the host. These are the only two Doc's that are on my "preferred provider" list of my insurance, So it's either one of these doctors. not sure if this is good or bad?? Have you attended either one of these Doc's seminars? If so, What was your opinions? Which doctor did you find that takes your insurance? Well, welcome aboard and hope to here from you! From the looks of things people poke around these local message boards alot but don't seem to participate??? Maybe we'll start a trend...what a concept. Regards, Liz H.
prcanmita
on 11/12/04 2:56 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Liz. I too have BCBS But I have PPO. I have gone to seminars in San Diego for Kaiser. I went to seminars for Scripp when they came out here. I have gone to Dr. Nazarian's seminars. But because of the traveling I opted to go here even though it means having a doctor with less experience than the others. I am going tomorrow saturday to the seminar for Dr. Teng. If you catch this email in time maybe I'll see you there. If doctor Simon is the one that works w/ Fisher You will not see me at any of his for the same reason thweir C/S & bedside manners are horrible. I know there are some people that were perfectly fine with them. But I do C/S for a living & I expect to be treated with the same respect I treat others. Out here there are not many doctors that take BCBS. But I do love the fact that it is covered so well. I don't know if we are covered 100% since things are getting ready to change for the new year but it doesn't matter I figure what ever is not covered I can use my income tax return for. What part of town do you live in? I'm by MLK & Owens & I work very close to Mtn View. What about you?
Liz H.
on 11/12/04 10:19 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Laura! Yes I would love to meet someone going through the same process as I am, it is a big decision and it's nice to know that we don't have to go it alone....even though my family is is full support, it's good to talk with someone in the same position as I. So I'll see you today at Dr. Tengs seminar @ MNY View @ 10am. I will be the one with 2 of my girls with me....one that looks like she is 16 but is actually 22(she is the goofy one!;) and the other girl who looks 16 but is 12 yrs old!(She is the "serious" one) They will be waiting for me outside the the seminar room in the atrium nearest the classroom. I may go earlier to check out the Hospital rooms if the staff will allow it as I had a very bad experience at Sunrise... (BACK SURGERY) so I am very leary and will ckeck out both Valley and MNT View as thorough as possible. I wish the Dr's used Desert Springs Hospital as from what I undserstand all the rooms are "private'!!!! I beleive that Summerlin Hospital might also provide mostly private rooms. Might be a good question to ask these Physicians?? I'm not sure that Simon works with Fisher, however I think I heard him state that he sometimes confers with fisher.....?? I know that Fisher & Atkinson definetly work together! I also have BCBS/NEIHBP(National Elevator Industry Health Benefit Plan, WHEW! using BCBS's PPO network. National Elevator Industry plan "pays the bills." BCBS only "processes" the claims (not so well I might add) for NEIHBP and then submits to National Elevator Industry. NEIHBP also uses BCBS PPO providers. (confused yet? ;) I live on the NE part of town, near Hollywood and Lakemead. We are pretty close! As far as a job....I quit about 6 months ago becasue of the back/spine pain (Had surgery 10/2003) that is a constant in my life now....my former "carreer" involved Animal Control (Lots of P/R & C/S!...dealing mostly with jerks!) I now have a new full-time "job" ( & it definetly is full-time!!!) as a home-school instructor to my youngest girl. I'm attempting to get the her back on track in her studies....she was too busy worrying about her social life at middle school instead of concentrating on her studies!! Unfortunatly she is "ME" all over again....so I know the signs & am taking preventative measures for sure!;) It's tough, but going well. Anyhow, Hope to see you at the seminar today....just look for the funniest bunch! ;0 Sincerely, Liz [email protected] free to eamil me any time....
prcanmita
on 11/13/04 12:17 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Liz. I'll definitly will be looking for you. I just emailed you to your private email aswell. Mine is [email protected]. I'll see you at the seminar.
~ Dana ~
on 12/5/04 2:06 am - Henderson, NV
Hello, just wanted to say good luck to the both of you! My suggestion would be to chose Dr Simon or Dr Teng over Fisher. I would travel to California before chosing Dr Fisher! Thats what I did, I went to Dr Nazarian in Beverly Hills and was very happy I did. At that time I didnt hear of Dr Simon. I flew to Dr Nazarian for my surgery over a year ago and I traveled alone. They picked me up at the airport and everything. Make sure you do your research, you are putting your life in the Dr's hands. If you are interested in a local support group let me know and I will give you the details. Keep us posted on your journey. Good luck Dana
mirvin
on 12/22/04 1:22 pm - north las vegas, NV
Hi, also a newbie here, please please tell me what you know about Dr Fisher I have a appointment with him on Monday. Thanks Michelle
Most Active