cigna

carriesb
on 10/15/10 3:13 pm
Does anyone have Cigna insurance. If so what surgeon did you use. This is like my 10th try for surgery. I switched insurances so I have to start all over.
theresam74
on 10/26/10 4:48 am
I have Great West / Cigna I am going through Western Bariatric Institute in Reno. They have a wonderful support network. I am awaiting approval.
missvegas_06
on 11/8/10 3:14 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi!
Not sure where you live... i'm in Las Vegas and went to SWCC (http://www.bandandbypass.com/). My surgeon will be Dr. Soong. I have Cigna insurance..  I currently have a surgery date for the Lap Band on December 9th... I should hear back at the end of the month about the final approval.

When I went in the first time, the insurance company said they would consider it.  So now everything has been sent and I was told that Cigna would reply back within 30 days.

Good luck!
carriesb
on 11/8/10 8:25 am
missvegas where do you work? My husband works with boyd and they said it is an exclusion through his insurance?
missvegas_06
on 11/8/10 8:37 am - Las Vegas, NV
Carriesb-
It's actually through my husband's work.  However, it totally depends on your employer and whether or not they include WLS in the insurance.  Luckily for us, the coverage includes WLS.  Your employer picks whether or not to include WLS in the insurance coverage (crappy isn't it?)

Could WLS be something you could pay additionally for, as like an add-on to your insurance?  Not sure if you could call Cigna and ask that or maybe your husband could call his HR person and see about procedures that are not covered under the insurance?  Maybe that is something that Boyd would look into adding under their coverages?

Also, at SWCC/GBI (where I am going) they call your insurance for you and see if you are covered and what you have to do.  They are fantastic and maybe they could offer some insight as well.

Hope that helps.
barbccrn
on 11/12/10 9:52 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I THANK GOD every day for Cigna. I was covered under Cigna when I had my RNY almost 3 years ago at Mtn. View Hospital. My surgeon was Dr. Francis Teng(he RAWKS!!!!!!). I was approved about 10 days after my paperwork was submitted. Whole process was quick and painless.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

carriesb
on 11/13/10 9:24 am
Dr Teng won't opperate on me because of to high of BMI. I will have to use Atkinson but my cigna it is an exclusion so I have to use my medicare and pay a portion so I'm saving now. I have been going through all this for a couple of years. I'm pretty much giving up. I had gallbladder issues and had to have an ecrp but no gallbladder removal yet. So i've lost 80 lbs since March avoiding fat. I still have a lot to lose though. So I did want surgery but right now it's seeming impossible.
Shana16
on 11/17/10 5:59 pm - Las Vegas, NV
My doctoer is Tom Umbach Blossom Bariatrics in Henderson 463-3300. the whole staff is so very nice.  My BMI is 64.8 and he is going to do the sleeve, in March, if everything goes good with the ins company. Good luck, hope it helps. My ins is United Health Care.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

carriesb
on 12/9/10 1:19 pm
I went to see Dr Umbach if all goes well I will be having surgery eith him. He seemed great so far.
Shana16
on 12/10/10 6:53 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Glad everything is going well for you. Good luck.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Most Active